Trouble with interlink deliveries

Brooklandsbob

Anyone had problems with deliveries by interlink ? I ordered some climbing gear from F R Jones yesterday which was supposed to arrive between 4pm and 5.pm today. Stopped work early and got home by 3.45pm then sat outside in the sun until 7.30 not sign of the blighters. Got a txt at 7.18pm to say no one to sign for the delivery, which is obviously bollo*ks !

This is the second time they've pulled that trick, last year I ordered a Huskie 395 for an urgent job, F R Jones sent it out with interlink for next day delivery actually took a week to arrive and then by another courier!

Sadly after using F R Jones for a long time I'm moving my business elsewhere which is a shame, but I can't be doing business with any company that uses such a incompetent and deceitful delivery company! :cussing:

They all do it TBH, many of the drivers are self employed and if they get to the end of the day and they still have parcels left, they sign them as being no one in. Fridays are a prime day for this and 7.18 is pretty late to be working.

The Ipostparcels guy who picks up my kit arrived at 8.00pm one evening due to traffic - not sure I would want to be away from home at that time regularly!!

Just track the parcel in or pick it up from the depot if local!

Whilst it's very annoying when your stuff doesn't come when expected. I sympathise with the drivers. Too much is expected of them and as a truck driver I've been at the receiving end of customers "your late" when it's actually been down to the previous incompetent customers.

It would be best to of taken it up with f.r Jones after the first failure. Then request not to use interlink.

We all want cheap delivery yet who wants the Agro these people get on low wages.

If we paid more for delivery, retired F1 drivers would perhaps consider it😀

Tracked it as soon as I arrived home, said that I was delivery number 48 and at around 5.30 it was showing the van being 15 mins away on delivery 46.

Never had this trouble with any other courier and in this time of instant communications there is no excuse for leaving a people sitting around waiting.

The Depot is 45miles away and I think I've lost enough time and money all ready. It's not just the waste of time it's the deceit and couldn't give a damn attitude that really gets my goat.

From a retailer viewpoint couriers are a right pain in the Arse! You try to offer the best service you can but the parcel leaves the shop and you're at the mercy of them, they cock up and reflects badly on us. The joys of mailorder :(

From a retailer viewpoint couriers are a right pain in the Arse! You try to offer the best service you can but the parcel leaves the shop and you're at the mercy of them, they cock up and reflects badly on us. The joys of mailorder :(

I do sympathise to a certain extent, but surely it's down to the retailer to ensure their courier keeps their custmers informed and not to lie about false delivery claims. As I said earlier, we don't live in the dark ages and a simple txt to explain that they are unable to deliver is far more acceptable than lying !