towing with tractor/unimog

gilesclarke

Just a heads up to the younger people on here, there is a weight classification to age as well. I am sure you have to be 21 to tow the full amount and dwn to i think 5 tonnes max trailer weight for 16 year olds.

You see lots of nippers harvest time with 14 tonne grain trailers charging round the country roads but i think they are illegal!!

there was another rule where you could only tow a trailer that you could see over the top of at 16 as well!!

big mine field Mogs, fastracs and the like, be carefull on the distance from base running Ag diesel and taxation, from memory it is 40miles. also you can only carry your goods back to your base or delivering you goods from your base.

good luck:confused1:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i run a mog and if its taxed as ag then u can run a 24 ton train weight.but they are fetching a new weight catagroy in for new tractors that wil let them have a train weight of 32tons bt ur tractor has to have a test i think. wen i passed my tractor test at 16 u couldnt tow nythin wider than 2.5 meters wide bt could do a train weight of 24 ton until ur 17.