This is NUTS but sums it all right up... A movie clip from 1981! Check this out!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those threads on here; the moral ones, religious, political etc etc.

This summarises the lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9aam-Aim4

Quite apt I thought TCD :thumbup

As we don't run around like headless chickens trying to earn more only to spend more so we can do more and need to employ more to grow more to worry more that we don't lose more. Yep great times we live in :biggrin:

Quite apt I thought TCD :thumbup

As we don't run around like headless chickens trying to earn more only to spend more so we can do more and need to employ more to grow more to worry more that we don't lose more. Yep great times we live in :biggrin:

No we certainly don't!

Everyone who has ever lived has lived in the most advanced period in history - up to that point. Those who lived before endured a more 'primitive' lifestyle while those who follow will have a more advanced, though probably hectic, life.

At least until some tw t presses the big red button.

Pahhh.

We live in great times, there is no where else in time I would rather live than right now.

Well, I wouldnt mind living in 50 years time but I doubt that is going to happen:001_smile:

No we certainly don't!

:confused1:

Everyone who has ever lived has lived in the most advanced period in history - up to that point. Those who lived before endured a more 'primitive' lifestyle while those who follow will have a more advanced, though probably hectic, life.

At least until some tw t presses the big red button.

Why does advancement (technological in the main) = better?

For me it absolutely does not. This era sees money, entertainment, prestige and entitlement as the goal. The love of many has grown cold, and I am guilty of that too.

The common good has been swept away by hedonism, look after number 1, if it feels good it's ok...

All worshipping at the economic altar but spiritually and morally bankrupt. Not everyone; but the majority.

For me it absolutely does not. This era sees money, entertainment, prestige and entitlement as the goal. The love of many has grown cold, and I am guilty of that too.

The common good has been swept away by hedonism, look after number 1, if it feels good it's ok...

All worshipping at the economic altar but spiritually and morally bankrupt. Not everyone; but the majority.

Unfortunately spot on. :sneaky2:

What happened to Ode to Joy?!

Pessimism or blunt honest reality?! Yeah it's dreadful. Have you not noticed that's what's going on right now? He did say in his first few words this very scenario - people not seeing it...

Ode too Joy is on the back burner till I can be sure we're stayin in the EU.

As to seeing things... When the English saw Haley's Comet they imagined it as a bad omen, William the Conquerer didn't do bad out it..

Its all about how you want to see things...

On happiness, its a proven fact that the less choices you have in life the happier you will be..

So its no wonder if people were polled in antiquity, they'd be happier than us in the modern age..

But, would anyone swap this life for theirs ?..

Not everyone runs around like a headless chicken blaming 'the Man' for all our wrong doings.

So when was life so much better and rosier than it is now?

I will hazard at a guess that throughout time from the time man came down from the trees everyone had to graft and whinged every fahookin minute of the day about it.

From what I can see my life expectancy and standard of living have vastly improved year on year since the time when dinosaur burgers were all the rage.

I really don't get this :001_huh: - life is not that bad! Of course there are a million and one things that could be better.... there always will be!

You have a choice if you want to get caught up in the rat race. We live in a country where you can walk around in a toga and hug trees all day long if that's what you want to do :laugh1:

Not everyone is just out for themselves, (although to be fair most are...), but that's their choice... doesn't have to be your choice.