Stolen Chipper - Ashford, Kent

Joe_bradshaw

Morning all,

Our 2011 Jenson 540t vari-track/tilt-bed was recently (14/07/2016) stolen from a site in Ashford Kent. A touch of bad luck and a touch of complacency but either way the thing is gone.

We have a white transit van on camera making off with it although we don't have it on camera loading it, it is evident from the way its riding out of site that something heavy is in the back. The police have been typically unhelpful just waiting on news from the insurers now as to whether or not they are going to pay out. I have registered it on Arbsafe.

I don't hold out much hope for its return, but I would be willing to offer a reward for information leading to its recovery.

I also wondered if anyone has fitted their kit with these new GPS trackers and whether or not they have proved useful?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Sorry to hear that dude. I've always been a fan of tracking devices, up until recently when I found out how easy it is to stop them transmitting :-(

Trackers will bring your insurance down but any savings are lost in increased premiums following a claim

You can never stop the thieving scum just slow 'em down, so lots of big chains & park/wedge machinery together if you have to leave it at night

Good luck

Cheers Gents,

I figure if you are in the business of pilfering other peoples kit the first thing you are going to do it detach the power supply to any potential tracking devices. It had a pressure activated immobiliser but wouldn't take a moment (evidently) to locate this. Its rare that we would leave it on a site, unfortunate circumstances on this occasion meant we had no choice.

If you are able to keep an eye out TheHungrySquirrel that would be much appreciated, as I say I don't hold out much hope but I would be willing to offer a reward for information leading to its return.

Cheers

bad news , but do you use track locks ?

we use them and very heavy duty chains and block locks. company was called linkmaster . its very good stuff and different styles and sizes of lock etc. also get one of those hessian type oiled tarps from a builders merchant .