Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, TIMON said:

Slow day at work, Vesp?

Slow day at work?..  its been the first day I've even left the house to do any work today in a good two months..  

I've been grinding my teeth about you though for a day or two...    why are you on board with the creationists wanting to get the bible into the science class?...  

religion stays in the religious education department..  science is for science....

Slow day at work?..  its been the first day I've even left the house to do any work today in a good two months..  

I've been grinding my teeth about you though for a day or two...    why are you on board with the creationists wanting to get the bible into the science class?...  

religion stays in the religious education department..  science is for science....

You misunderstand me. I’m not advocating teaching The Bible in science class. I just happen to think that atheist scientists teach their own “religion” and “faith” in the classroom, the clue is in their frequent use of the words:
may have.....
could have....
was probably......
when teaching ‘science’ and advancing their own agenda. (and doing quite nicely out of it too)

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

You misunderstand me. I’m not advocating teaching The Bible in science class. I just happen to think that atheist scientists teach their own “religion” and “faith” in the classroom, the clue is in their frequent use of the words:
may have.....
could have....
was probably......
when teaching ‘science’ and advancing their own agenda. (and doing quite nicely out of it too)

You might not be interested in getting the bible into the science class,  but the creationists certainly are...  thats their agenda when they attempt to undermine evolution to replace it with their own version of how the world came into being...

You get the idea when creationists come out with things like evolution is only a theory..  its not a theory in the sense its an unproven idea. Its a theory in the scientific sense, its been proven... 

Religion is about faith, science is about finding truths..    the problem is people of faith feel their particular version of reality is the truth.. they can't figure they've confused truth with faith..   

and thats why the creationists should never get into a classroom teaching science... 

• Like 1

On a lighter note.....
I read today that Barnier and Co expect to still have control of British fishing grounds after Brexit.
So let me get this straight...

We will still get spanked for billions.
We still have to abide by their legal system. (ECJ)
We will still have to keep our borders open.
They will dictate the terms of future trade. (making sure whatever deal we get serves as a deterrent to any other like minded nations)
The EU still controls our fishing grounds.... etc..

What happened to Brexit? and why are we still trying to negotiate with them??

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

On a lighter note.....
I read today that Barnier and Co expect to still have control of British fishing grounds after Brexit.

They will dictate the terms of future trade. (making sure whatever deal we get serves as a deterrent to any other like minded nations)

I just read that Nigel Farage wants another referendum..

He can see were its all going..   anyways its gonna be another good year for me, its been three or four years straight were I've been interested in British and European politics...   manna from heaven for me..

Then theres Trump and america watching..  the times have never been so good....   

These glory days Timon, these glory days...    

On a lighter note.....

Yea beginning to thing that voting out would have been the wrong thing to do, ( I didnt make it to the polling station in time)
Seems like the government have and still are wasting a lot of time and money making things worse for Britain.

3 hours ago, Vespasian said:

There’s a lot in the Scientific community now saying that the universe could of only been created not produced by the Big Bang. So do the two not cross over?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mortimer Firewood said:

There’s a lot in the Scientific community now saying that the universe could of only been created not produced by the Big Bang. So do the two not cross over?  

I thought about making a Lego universe but did not have enough bricks at the time ...

• Like 1