Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Serious question - Are you type of bloke that prefers to spout shite online because you get punched in face every time you open your mouth in public?

That's staggeringly inappropriate.

Yea well if you read what I said, I said at the time....

err no I don't get punched in the face, not that I haven't ever been punched in the face.. but that was a time ago, when I was full of beer and bravado..

There was one time I was puched in the face out the blue, followed by a flurry of punches round my head..

All I could think was, if this fella carries on at this rate of knots, this pints gonna end up all over the the floor..

I pulled my whits together, placed the pint on the bar as more punches rained in, and then set to work sortin the fella out...

Turns out my assailant was my ex's new fella. he must of thought he was gonna teach me a lesson or show off to his new girlfriend..

Didn't turn out that well for him in the end I can tell you:thumbup1:

His brother had murdered a security guard a year or two before, I think because he circulated with his brothers wanna be gangster friends, he thought he could get away with murder... well, he got away with a good kicking...:thumbup1:

Goin back to Thatcher, no, I never did have that drink, but I still have a seething resentment about her politics.. She did more harm to the Britains industrial base than any politician in the last 150 years...

Serious question - Are you type of bloke that prefers to spout shite online because you get punched in face every time you open your mouth in public?

That's staggeringly inappropriate.

Well said Kev and much more eloquent that what I was about to write.

You really ought to have some therapy chum! Despicable comment, get back under your rock!

Goin back to Thatcher, no, I never did have that drink, but I still have a seething resentment about her politics.. She did more harm to the Britains industrial base than any politician in the last 150 years...

Back a year or two ago when "Question Time" was still just about worth watching, there was some feministy type on it coming out with the usual aul diatribe about how everything would be that much more agreeable and less acrimonious if women were in positions of power. Dimbleby just stared straight ahead and said, "like when Margaret Thatcher was in charge?"

Said panelist never uttered another word on the subject, such was the comprehensive nature of the put-down!

Thatcher was a truly vile woman, and of-course the real sting in the tail about the Brighton bombing was that for all her bravado in public at the conference, what she actually DID do was hasten the process of appeasement with the provos as a result of it.

And then you woke up.

LOL it was some years back, I never did see the fella again, though a friend of a friend regaled me of a comment he'd made in regards the nights goin's on...

for some reason my name was mentioned and the fella stood back, drew in his breath and said, Oh, you know him do you!!!.. F*k, he's a f*in lunatic...

Had a good laugh at that when I was told...

WRSNI

Thatcher had nothin to do with the peace process, its my opinion that both sides on the divide just got sick of the futility of it all...

If anyone in particular aught be saluted for bringing peace to Ireland its John Major.. without his facilitation, theres a good chance things might never of worked out as well as they have...

Was Mcguiness and his cowardly cronies not behind the peace process? a good way of them side stepping justice, as the powers that be were just getting a nice case together, that would have sent him down for the rest of his life.

Indeed, I believe it be to common knowledge that the IRA, only swithed to a SF headed Political Operation, but only when they realized, and then eventually accepted, that the Security forces had rendered their murderous "military" operations ineffective, by dint of informers and other good intelligence gathering.

And possibly realizing they were in danger of losing the blind unquestioning support of a significent %age of their Nationalist supporters, who were ever so slowly accepting that the RC population were now actually doing quite well as a result of years of positive discrimination.

Hence our current "cracks-papered-over" stalemate.