Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

And none of those things happen any more do they

Certainly not openly. You cant just set up a Cock and Dog fight night, bring the Cocks and Dogs then pretend that they're not going to actually fight and when they do its just a woopsie, never meant to happen. 

Wise up. 

• Like 1

Saw some scouse out recently with about 20 lurchers and terriers   parked up  not sure what they were doing?

But point I was alluding to, was the loop hole with fox hunting was maybe due to it being more upper class...and having the laws going through the house of lords....

Don't really  feel that strongly either for or against.... though why can't they still gallop around cross country minus the hounds if thats the part thats fun?

Also the local hunt kennels where the dogs live in  only has a tiny outdoor run, doesn't seem the that nice a of a way to treat animals.

1 hour ago, muttley9050 said:
12 hours ago, MattyF said:

1,Yep of the highest order , look at you .. You ooze utter babe in every post you make with your I've got an MBE every one else is inferior..
2, I'll tell you what son I'll ****************ing ram your teeth so far down your throat if I have the chance to meet you now you have brought that into it..
3, yes so what that's what all us cap doffing lower class scum do...

****************ing hilarious ... utter prick

Nice pleasant post from what I'm guessing is a nice pleasant man.

Matty is one of the nicest people you can meet.  

Maybe the implied remarks regarding his missus had something to do with the response.

I have never met Kevin in person but things did seem to get heated rather quickly.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Matt says his missus is from a council estate. Kev mentions it. Matt wants to punch his teeth down his throat. 🤷‍♂️

I wondered when someone would point out the facts, and what does it matter if someone was raised on a council estate? Some of the most solid people I know were raised on estates.

• Like 4

I think the estate comment was in relation to the upper class being the only people who hunt.  Ie upper class toffs.

Matts comment was to illustrate that it isnt only upper class who hunt.

Yet the rest of the post was ignored and the council estate comment was highlighted.

That IMO is the main contributor to the response.

That is how I read it anyway.

Yes, hunting is an emotional

issue.  I grew up with an uncle who bread hounds and other gun dogs and helped run the Zetland hunt.  My dad grew up as a farm worker and despised the hunt.  But mainly from the point of view as they were treated like shit by the huntsmen.  Yet my father always said the hounds on the fox was one of the most efficient ways to despatch the fox.

I discussed this in person with Matty and his missus one night.  

The folk who participated in the hunt back then, are a very different crowd from those who hunt today.

So the prejudice (my father had and myself to an extent)  may have been the case years ago but isn’t the case now.

Edit:  there are many windup merchants on here.  Yes, they know who they are and continue to do so.

Pops at other people and pushing buttons to get a response.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1