Jump to content
Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

Recommended Posts

And I'm sorry I'm going to make one more point as to why I think this is bad , well I've already made it is and that is antis are weekly getting a stronger voice and are coming for all Feild sports including my favourites such as game fishing.. if enjoying that makes you a blood thirsty sociopath babe then I'll gladly wear the I'm a babe badge with even more pride , as a wise man once told me as long as you know your a babe mat your all right.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattyF said:

 

 


Problem is Kevin is that it is about the riding for the majority of the folk that still do it and has nothing to do with killing an animal in the way you describe as sociopathic... if I could actually ride and to the standard it would take to be able to do there point to point courses I could not think of any thing more exhilarating.

I could go out tonight and shoot all the foxes on my land but what's the point.. I've no Desiree to eradicate them , I enjoy seeing them and they are territorial and will keep out others so why upset that balance, if they are weak they get pushed out then become a problem as they will kill in desperation and closer to humans.
If you have a strong family of foxes they are territorial and will keep out others , a strong healthy fox will outrun dogs all day.. I have a family about 600m from my house , they leave my chickens alone , I've seen plenty of comical activity from there young playing ...any way I'm out of this if the best you have is calling me a babe and now Arb talks biggest bell ends piped up I'm out.

 

 

We’ll have to agree to disagree Matty. 
 

A subject we can both be passionate about - but for obviously different reasons. 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem lies (along with many things in this country) in my opinion with towns folk being so far removed from where and how there food is produced, if every poncey twat had to get involved with the production of their own food they may have a bit more understanding of the countryside and the fact those that live and work in rural areas help to keep a balance. We don’t just go out to kill all foxes or any other animal. 
 

More damage is done with people interfering with this process. The Law of unintended consequences. By not controlling the numbers of a Predetor you reduce the numbers of its food and then the whole food chain and local eco system becomes dysfunctional losing larger numbers of wild life.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Will C said:

The problem lies (along with many things in this country) in my opinion with towns folk being so far removed from where and how there food is produced, if every poncey twat had to get involved with the production of their own food they may have a bit more understanding of the countryside and the fact those that live and work in rural areas help to keep a balance. We don’t just go out to kill all foxes or any other animal. 
 

More damage is done with people interfering with this process. The Law of unintended consequences. By not controlling the numbers of a Predetor you reduce the numbers of its food and then the whole food chain and local eco system becomes dysfunctional losing larger numbers of wild life.

Also the natural balance gets upset when , for example that twatt introduced the grey squirrel and the glis glis . 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Will C said:

The problem lies (along with many things in this country) in my opinion with towns folk being so far removed from where and how there food is produced, if every poncey twat had to get involved with the production of their own food they may have a bit more understanding of the countryside and the fact those that live and work in rural areas help to keep a balance. We don’t just go out to kill all foxes or any other animal. 
 

More damage is done with people interfering with this process. The Law of unintended consequences. By not controlling the numbers of a Predetor you reduce the numbers of its food and then the whole food chain and local eco system becomes dysfunctional losing larger numbers of wild life.

I live in the country, I was brought up in the country. I do not agree with Fox Hunting in the slightest and it should be completely banned and Id happily see anyone who partakes being issued lengthy custodial sentences. Fines are pointless, that just means legal with a price. There is simply no need for the sociopathic (as Kev mentioned earlier) torture of the Foxes for these peoples pleasure under the guise of vermin control. By all means control the numbers, but do so humanely. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@trigger_andy I quite agree. I wasn’t defending the hunt I would rather see it done by a good keeper. It’s the anti blood sports lot that I’ve a problem with messing with what they don’t understand.

 

Its the same as the vegans telling us to eat soya as it’s more eco friendly forgetting it’s imported from half way round the world using a load of fuel, which I think causes as much or probably more co2 as the roast beef from the local butcher.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Will C said:

@trigger_andy I quite agree. I wasn’t defending the hunt I would rather see it done by a good keeper. It’s the anti blood sports lot that I’ve a problem with messing with what they don’t understand.

 

Its the same as the vegans telling us to eat soya as it’s more eco friendly forgetting it’s imported from half way round the world using a load of fuel, which I think causes as much or probably more co2 as the roast beef from the local butcher.

100% agree. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I live in the country, I was brought up in the country. I do not agree with Fox Hunting in the slightest and it should be completely banned and Id happily see anyone who partakes being issued lengthy custodial sentences. Fines are pointless, that just means legal with a price. There is simply no need for the sociopathic (as Kev mentioned earlier) torture of the Foxes for these peoples pleasure under the guise of vermin control. By all means control the numbers, but do so humanely. 


Andy hunting with hounds been banned since Feb 2005 in England and 1 Aug 2002 in Scotland.
I think the majority of people don’t understand how hounds kill a fox, it’s a quick act, same as terriers on a rat. It’s certainly not sociopathic torture, your anthropomorphic final sentence says it all mate.
Going out with a rifle and night vision and killing every fox seen does little to benefit the fox population. As said earlier the hunts used to mop up the sick lame and weary foxes and consequently keep the population healthy.
IMHO the whole issue is as much a perceived (quite wrongly) class matter as one of animal welfare. You only have to read the comments on hunt sab/ LACS FB pages…“bloodthirsty upper class toffs”
Bringing the whole thing back on track, my issue with the NT ban is that most of these estates will have been bequeathed by hunting/shooting families who will be turning in their graves. I’ve heard some even put covenants in place to ensure hunting continued.
Surely the way this should have been managed was to ban those hunts that broke the law, not punish those legally trail hunting.
I shan’t be renewing my NT membership.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commando said:

Andy hunting with hounds been banned since Feb 2005 in England and 1 Aug 2002 in Scotland.

Using that statement we can thus assume all illegal activity in the UK dropped to zero as soon as the ban was implemented. Its really good knowing there is zero murderers and rapes in the UK. Oh wait. 

 

2 minutes ago, Commando said:

I think the majority of people don’t understand how hounds kill a fox, it’s a quick act, same as terriers on a rat. It’s certainly not sociopathic torture, your anthropomorphic final sentence says it all mate.

Nonsense. 

 

2 minutes ago, Commando said:

Going out with a rifle and night vision and killing every fox seen does little to benefit the fox population.

Well doing just that has worked wonders in my neck of the woods. Some of the local estates go together and shot alot of foxes. Now there is no issues with them and I no longer even lock the chickens and ducks up in the evenings. Zero taken since they did the shoot. When the population builds again they will go out and have another humane cull. 

 

5 minutes ago, Commando said:

As said earlier the hunts used to mop up the sick lame and weary foxes and consequently keep the population healthy.

If you chose to believe that then thats on you. But its certainly not reality. 

 

6 minutes ago, Commando said:

You only have to read the comments on hunt sab/ LACS FB pages…“bloodthirsty upper class toffs” emoji849.png

Because on the whole its blood thirst upper class toffs who engage in this sport. If we where talking about Cock or dog  Fighting then we'd be talking about underclass Pikeys. 

 

9 minutes ago, Commando said:

Surely the way this should have been managed was to ban those hunts that broke the law, not punish those legally trail hunting.

I dont agree. But I do find it amusing how your final thought contradicts your first. :D 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont agree. But I do find it amusing how your final thought contradicts your first.  
 


Yes mate I’ve noticed ur easily amused by anyone who doesn’t agree with you. 🥱

I don’t see the contradiction, the law currently bans hunting with dogs unless used to push foxes to guns.
I think the law is an ass, but if hunts go ahead and break it they should be prosecuted. Don’t punish all for the crimes of some.

Your comment re hunting and toffs underscores my point, you and many others are misled.

Finally if you enjoy any sort of shooting or fishing I’d be careful who you choose as bedfellows.. LACS and the hunt sab nasty brigade won’t stop until all are banned.


  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.