Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

17 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

There’s been an endless stream of positives. This is just the correct icing on the cake. 

I am surprised that I haven’t heard loads of politicians bleeting on about this ‘endless stream of positives’, they normally don’t miss an opportunity to slap themselves on the back. 
Personally, I can’t think of any benefits that I have felt that are the result of Brexit. I thought that there would have been a bit more to shout about by now.
What post Brexit benefits have you taken advantage of Andy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5thelement said:

I am surprised that I haven’t heard loads of politicians bleeting on about this ‘endless stream of positives’, they normally don’t miss an opportunity to slap themselves on the back. 
Personally, I can’t think of any benefits that I have felt that are the result of Brexit. I thought that there would have been a bit more to shout about by now.
What post Brexit benefits have you taken advantage of Andy?

Got a nice blue passport on the way. 

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

The Remoaners wont like this up them. 

The decision was hailed as a 'clear vote of confidence in the British economy' that will 'create jobs' by business secretary...

Dont know if we should pleased or not. Having a massive oil and gas company seeing its future in the UK says something about how green they think our nation is. Pleased about the jobs worried about its implications on policy

Dont know if we should pleased or not. Having a massive oil and gas company seeing its future in the UK says something about how green they think our nation is. Pleased about the jobs worried about its implications on policy
Bit of an irony given that the UK has just hosted COP26. Not a great surprise after our lame or at best lacklustre leadership of the event, Boris wasn't even there most of the time, kind of indicative of his view on the issue.
I'd want to move here if I was Shell.
  • Like 1

Regardless our views on hydrocarbons we all need them in our daily lives. This is not going to change in our lifetimes. No amount of hypocritical posturing at COPs will change this.

To have such a massive power house of a company, a Dutch Company not only leave Holland but the EU is almost unbelievable. I’m actually quite gobsmacked. They could have followed the lead of other O&G corporations and sent up in the Middle or Far East with Singapore being a favourite. But they never, they have moved across the channel to the U.K. This shows not only Shells disillusion and distrust in the EU and how strong they view the U.K. post Brexit.

And perhaps the Executives fancy a wee blue passport.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1