Jump to content
Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

No I don't think any other party would do better, that said I don't post pictures that are trying to put down one side when it's exactly what the other side are doing. To be as blunt as you can be at times, it's bollocks.

 

It's fact, the Tories are taxing more than any government since the 1970's.

Right Eggs I’m not sure if you didn’t get any love or attention thrown your way over the weekend but you do seem a bit grumpy today, that post was me having a bit of banter with our resident socialist tax dodger. I’m pretty sure I never mentioned a particular political party whist posting the pic you quoted. Talking of bollocks etc etc 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Right Eggs I’m not sure if you didn’t get any love or attention thrown your way over the weekend but you do seem a bit grumpy today, that post was me having a bit of banter with our resident socialist tax dodger. I’m pretty sure I never mentioned a particular political party whist posting the pic you quoted. Talking of bollocks etc etc 🤷‍♂️

socialist ? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stubby said:

socialist ? 🙂

Mark J aka citizen smith, deep down he’s a capitalist really. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Right Eggs I’m not sure if you didn’t get any love or attention thrown your way over the weekend but you do seem a bit grumpy today, that post was me having a bit of banter with our resident socialist tax dodger. I’m pretty sure I never mentioned a particular political party whist posting the pic you quoted. Talking of bollocks etc etc 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I am grumpy, I've had a tit full of it. You know, like you have during Covid/lockdown.You pointed out socialists taxed us to death, when right now the Tories are doing the exact same thing. 

 

If you want any respect from me, don't start with, Right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yeah I am grumpy, I've had a tit full of it. You know, like you have during Covid/lockdown.You pointed out socialists taxed us to death, when right now the Tories are doing the exact same thing. 

 

If you want any respect from me, don't start with, Right.

Right eggs it’s not good to be grumpy , down in England you’ve got it good compared to us in Scotland. The pic mentioned a few things did it not ? And was part of some ongoing harsh but in reality good humoured banter. Now in regards respect ?? I don’t need nor want it bud, take me as you find me 🤷‍♂️It bothers me not in the slightest. 
On a  lighter note and maybe to help get you out of your malaise can you tell me the optimum speed in Ft/sec for a 4800mm x 38mm x 1.3mm ripper 37 blade 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

Yeah I am grumpy, I've had a tit full of it. You know, like you have during Covid/lockdown.You pointed out socialists taxed us to death, when right now the Tories are doing the exact same thing. 

 

If you want any respect from me, don't start with, Right.

We are being taxed to death, and it’s only going to get significantly worse. Yet whatever you’re taxed in England we’re taxed more here in Scotland. So really it should read the SNP are taxing us the most since the ‘70’s. 
 

The reality for me is I’m significantly taxed higher here in the U.K. than I am in Norway. We’re taxed so much in the U.K. and are given very little back in return other than told to brace our knee’s since we have such broad shoulders. 
 

I shudder to think what Labour or the Lib Dumbs would having us paying now. Sometimes it’s better the Devil you know as Labour are already talking of significantly raising taxes. 
 

Like you I might up sticks if it gets much worse. Or maybe just keep my days in Scotland under 90 days to avoid paying any tax here (other than Council tax and voluntary NI) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

Right eggs it’s not good to be grumpy , down in England you’ve got it good compared to us in Scotland. The pic mentioned a few things did it not ? And was part of some ongoing harsh but in reality good humoured banter. Now in regards respect ?? I don’t need nor want it bud, take me as you find me 🤷‍♂️It bothers me not in the slightest. 

Thats ok, you did post something that contradicts what's going on though. I will treat you, or anyone else with respect if they don't talk rubbish. What goes on in Scotland doesn't affect someone in East Anglia.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Thats ok, you did post something that contradicts what's going on though. I will treat you, or anyone else with respect if they don't talk rubbish. What goes on in Scotland doesn't affect someone in East Anglia.

 

 

 

I posted a pic as part of some ongoing banter between Mark Jand myself 🤷‍♂️You made something more out of it than it actually is. Like I said eggs I neither need or want your respect you grumpy bugger. Go and work on the blade speed question 👍 or do you want Andy to call you and cheer you up 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

I posted a pic as part of some ongoing banter between Mark Jand myself 🤷‍♂️You made something more out of it than it actually is. Like I said eggs I neither need or want your respect you grumpy bugger. Go and work on the blade speed question 👍 

You don't like it do you Dave, you posted a picture that is nonsense. You don't want my respect?

 

Go and feck yourself until you can post pictures that actually depict fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

Someone please remind me. What's the term for when the media keep hinting at things such as lock downs etc, to get you used to the idea?

Not an exact fit, but we often use the term 'trial balloon', which isn't far away from what you describe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.