Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

Ok, I'll try one more "what if scenario" and see if you'll give a straight answer...

If a good friend of yours had a son, who for example at the age of 12 made it clear that they wanted to "present" as a girl and be regarded as such by everybody and the family respected this wish, accepted the name change, their choice of clothing etc.

Would you be willing to refer to them as she, use their chosen name etc, or would you refuse to do so, sticking to your principles and beliefs and insist on calling them a boy, using their original male given name etc, even though their family asked you to follow the child's wishes?  

there was a 6 year old boy his mother changed his name and dressed him in girls clothes told the school of her decision and threatened them with prosecution if they did not do what she wanted 

i do not think a 6 year old has the faintest idea about gender i think its down to the parents 

• Like 2

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Meat producers and supermarkets fear a shortage of CO2 will hit the availability of fresh produce.

Bootiful:

WWW.BIRMINGHAMMAIL.CO.UK

The stark warning was made by Ranjit Boparan who runs Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters Food Group based in West...

1 minute ago, openspaceman said:

I don't want to see Scotland leave the UK but I have no problem with fining someone for littering and only giving a warning for possession for personal use, drug problems need addressing not punishing.

I know - it was a cheap dig - but any chance to have a pop at SNP must be exploited 😂

Its fair to say the drugs misuse / addiction counter measures currently in place are ineffective. 

Having a ‘law’ that is widely ignored by (apparently) such a large portion of a society generally indicates that the ‘law’ is wholly inappropriate. 

I wouldn’t suggest decriminalisation is the answer - certainly not in isolation. And legalisation also has consequences - legalised supply of pharma produced product really will lead to a zombie nation. 

What is the answer?

Just say no....

• Like 1

I wouldn’t suggest decriminalisation is the answer - certainly not in isolation. And legalisation also has consequences - legalised supply of pharma produced product really will lead to a zombie nation. 

What is the answer?

Have you seen this clip? .... like a zombie apocalypse

48 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I know - it was a cheap dig - but any chance to have a pop at SNP must be exploited 😂

Its fair to say the drugs misuse / addiction counter measures currently in place are ineffective. 

Having a ‘law’ that is widely ignored by (apparently) such a large portion of a society generally indicates that the ‘law’ is wholly inappropriate. 

What is the answer?

Just say no....

In many cases addictions are acquired through exposure to trauma of sorts. I think decriminalisation of possession for personal use is a wise idea. (I'm aware that there will likely be a counter-paper out there too.)

WWW.OPENSOCIETYFOUNDATIONS.ORG

This Open Society Foundations report documents how decriminalization can reduce drug consumption...

I also think that there needs to be more money pumped into the system to encourage rehabilitation and to prevent people from falling into addiction in the first place. It currently takes months to even get on a waiting list.

Fining addicts is like fining the homeless, it's a vacuous pursuit. Litterbugs deserve to be fined.

@TIMON  What's your take on it?

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2