Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Last year, the High Court ruled children under 16 needed parental consent to take puberty blockers.

Absolute utter lunacy that such rubbish should be offered to kids. This I’d say is not what people pay into the system for. 

So if there is a child who has "felt they were in the wrong body" and has presented as the opposite sex,  and this has been accepted by the family, medical professionals etc, should they just be expected to accept the adolescent changes associated with they gender they were born as even though they may have intentions of undergoing gender reassignment surgery when they are old enough?

Such decisions can have massive implications for a young person's mental health, greatly increasing the chances of long term psychiatric difficulties, self harm, suicide etc. 

Why do you think that this kind of help/treatment should not be available through the NHS?

40 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

So if there is a child who has "felt they were in the wrong body" and has presented as the opposite sex,  and this has been accepted by the family, medical professionals etc, should they just be expected to accept the adolescent changes associated with they gender they were born as even though they may have intentions of undergoing gender reassignment surgery when they are old enough?

Such decisions can have massive implications for a young person's mental health, greatly increasing the chances of long term psychiatric difficulties, self harm, suicide etc. 

Why do you think that this kind of help/treatment should not be available through the NHS?

You have to be kidding bud !! Mind you why am I surprised at you putting up absolutely idiotic crap up like that !. Sorry but if you are born a male  you are a man if you are born a female  you are a woman anything else is utter snowflake woke bullshit and as much as you might think it’s so beautiful to identify as non binary or the opposite sex it’s just not reality. Now if you are attracted to the same sex Stu thats fine, I work with a Diver who’s openly as gay as gay can be, great guy excellent at his job no probs at all, a good good friend to boot. Far too much emphasis placed on this sort of thing by a vociferous tiny handful of people. My 12yr old twins were talking of the same thing up here in Scotland due to the lunatic  fringe of the SNP and teachers unions etc and the Gender stuff they are obsessed  with. I tried to explain it by asking them as their father if tomorrow I wanted to identify as Pauline rather than Dave and decided to be a woman would that make me a woman 🙄 they laughed and agreed if course it wouldn’t. That’s the cold hard facts of the matter regardless of if I take hormones get a pair of tits and chop the old meat and two vedge off 🤷‍♂️ NHS is there for the greater good and quite frankly shit like this and gender reassignment surgery is I’d imagine not what it was ever envisioned being tasked with and as far as I’m concerned an utter waste of money, It’s utter madness quite frankly. More than that it’s a danger to children because let’s face it who the hell knows what they want at that age and may well totally regret the actions they took later in life. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

You have to be kidding bud !! Mind you why am I surprised at you putting up absolutely idiotic crap up like that !. Sorry but if you are born a male  you are a man if you are born a female  you are a woman anything else is utter snowflake woke bullshit and as much as you might think it’s so beautiful to identify as non binary or the opposite sex it’s just not reality. Now if you are attracted to the same sex Stu thats fine, I work with a Diver who’s openly as gay as gay can be, great guy excellent at his job no probs at all, a good good friend to boot. Far too much emphasis placed on this sort of thing by a vociferous tiny handful of people. My 12yr old twins were talking of the same thing up here in Scotland due to the lunatic  fringe of the SNP and teachers unions etc and the Gender stuff they are obsessed  with. I tried to explain it by asking them as a their father if tomorrow I wanted to identify as Pauline rather than Dave and decided to be a woman would that make me a woman 🙄 they laughed and agreed if course it wouldn’t. That’s the cold hard facts of the matter.  NHS is there for the greater good and quite frankly shit like this and gender reassignment surgery is I’d imagine not what it was ever envisioned being tasked with and as far as I’m concerned an utter waste of money, It’s utter madness quite frankly. More than that it’s a danger to children because let’s face it who the hell knows what they want at that age and may well totally regret the actions they took later in life. 

Does not surprise me in the slightest he holds such horrifying views, he is everything thats wrong with the western world today personified. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Does not surprise me in the slightest he holds such horrifying views, he is everything thats wrong with the western world today personified. 

The individual in question totally regretted the decision, that’s first hand experience of the whole twisted system. The ones fighting it are promoting it 🤷‍♂️and offer the service no doubt at huge cost to the NHS to facilitate it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You have to be kidding bud !! Mind you why am I surprised at you putting up absolutely idiotic crap up like that !. Sorry but if you are born a male  you are a man if you are born a female  you are a woman anything else is utter snowflake woke bullshit and as much as you might think it’s so beautiful to identify as non binary or the opposite sex it’s just not reality. Now if you are attracted to the same sex Stu thats fine, I work with a Diver who’s openly as gay as gay can be, great guy excellent at his job no probs at all, a good good friend to boot. Far too much emphasis placed on this sort of thing by a vociferous tiny handful of people. My 12yr old twins were talking of the same thing up here in Scotland due to the lunatic  fringe of the SNP and teachers unions etc and the Gender stuff they are obsessed  with. I tried to explain it by asking them as their father if tomorrow I wanted to identify as Pauline rather than Dave and decided to be a woman would that make me a woman 🙄 they laughed and agreed if course it wouldn’t. That’s the cold hard facts of the matter regardless of if I take hormones get a pair of tits and chop the old meat and two vedge off 🤷‍♂️ NHS is there for the greater good and quite frankly shit like this and gender reassignment surgery is I’d imagine not what it was ever envisioned being tasked with and as far as I’m concerned an utter waste of money, It’s utter madness quite frankly. More than that it’s a danger to children because let’s face it who the hell knows what they want at that age and may well totally regret the actions they took later in life. 

So, just out of curiosity, how would you respond if you found that one of the "men" that you'd been working with was born female, or one of the "women" had been born male and had undergone gender reassignment surgery earlier in their life, with the majority , if not all of their documents stating their current gender? 

So, just out of curiosity, how would you respond if you found that one of the "men" that you'd been working with was born female, or one of the "women" had been born male and had undergone gender reassignment surgery earlier in their life, with the majority , if not all of their documents stating their current gender? 

AKA Whataboutism .

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

AKA Whataboutism .

Or, as Johnsond has expressed how professional and tolerant he is in the workplace, I wondered how he would behave in such a situation in his professional capacity, even though he holds such strong views on the subject in question (that he brought to this thread!).

Like it or not, this is something that has to be dealt with at the current time and I'm curious how someone holding such strong views would keep them in check when in the workplace in order that they don't end up coming up against discrimination allegations etc.

It's not a subject that I find easy to understand or deal with either, but having seen friends have to deal with children in this situation and being aware of the massive mental health impacts on those young people, I appreciate that it is something that needs to be understood/accepted/tolerated by those around them,  one way or another. 

15 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

If that’s the best what if scenario you can come up with bud your better off quitting digging now. I don’t work with women as a rule but regards the blokes most hold the same  views as me and the majority  of right minded half sensible people. You are born male  or female you can not change that. Gender reassignment is nothing more than a surgical procedure it does not make a man into a woman or a woman into a man except in the twisted deluded minds of fools. 

Edited by Johnsond