Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

7 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Yep, could you imagine if it was Labour doing it, they'd be kicked to bits.

Like the way the Tories are? It’s all I see on my FB feed, in the news and in here. Not that I disagree with the kicking mind. 

We all knew it was coming. We begged and demanded more and more protection, vaccinations, PPE, etc etc. Now we have to pay for it. Well, not me, but you get my drift. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

We begged and demanded more and more protection, vaccinations, PPE, etc etc. Now we have to pay for it. Well, not me, but you get my drift. 

I'm not sure that's what happened, the government gave us grants, or cheap loans if we wanted them, they didn't need begging for, they were dished out hand over fist. But yes I get your drift.

14 minutes ago, nepia said:

But put on the backburner which we hope means properly ditched 🤞

On current form I half expect vaccine passports and a lockdown by November.
I genuinely hope not.
I was at a festival last weekend where everyone was cracking on as normal, a few people I know got the rona there, a few people I know caught a random lurgy, and I came out unscathed. There's not a great deal we can do other than hope the hospitals don't fill up again.

Edited by Mark J

New year cancelled 'cos of covid vax pass

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/ness-islands-halloween-bught-bonfire-night-christmas-light-250967/

“However, with the announcement by the Scottish Government around the introduction of vaccine passports from October 1, I understand that all the city’s free-to-attend events exceed the numbers outlined last week in parliament. Therefore, for several reasons, the events that people may have been expecting will not be possible in their usual format."