Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

16 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

What do we know about BBC reporting?

If it’s a disgruntled Janner with a sawn off or an estranged father in a Spider-Man outfit or any form of Caucasian criminality.....  they’ll be reporting it as quick as a flash. 

If, on the other hand, there is the slightest hint of a foreign name there’ll be tumbleweed and radio silence for an eternity. 

Just saying like, that’s the BBC for ya!

Indeed, if Prince Andrew was black there's no chance they would have exposed him for being a nonce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

APPLE.NEWS

The mother of Plymouth gunman Jake Davison has been named as one of the five victims of the...

Early days yet and a tragedy for the innocent victims but it’s starting to look yet again that police failure to implement current legislation has contributed to this. Hopefully it will not be used to demand even more unnecessary controls. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

The mother of Plymouth gunman Jake Davison has been named as one of the five victims of the...

Early days yet and a tragedy for the innocent victims but it’s starting to look yet again that police failure to implement current legislation has contributed to this. Hopefully it will not be used to demand even more unnecessary controls. 

What current legislation did the police fail to implement?
It seems from the article above that he was given his gun license back after being investigated for an assault.

Sad state of affairs when nutters like that are allowed guns.

17 minutes ago, nepia said:

...problem being that nutters like that don't go round with Post-Its on their foreheads reading 'I'm a nutter like that' 😊

20 minutes ago, Mark J said:

See

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Inquest into shootings at Surrey puppy farm rules police failed by returning shotgun to killer.

These are both cases where the police were obliged to return guns to someone who either had been violent or threatened violence.

This case I cited caused our local police firearms department to require a statement from a doctor that the applicant had no known mental problems, because the coroner ruled they had failed in their duty to this mother and daughter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

See

Inquest into shootings at Surrey puppy farm rules police failed by returning shotgun to killer.

These are both cases where the police were obliged to return guns to someone who either had been violent or threatened violence.

This case I cited caused our local police firearms department to require a statement from a doctor that the applicant had no known mental problems, because the coroner ruled they had failed in their duty to this mother and daughter.

It's a shambles, when I lived with my ex she had SC, I couldn't get one, "not on my watch" did the firearms officer say. Let's get this right, there will be a shotgun in the house, but I can't have a certificate. Don't give me spiel about keys, it isn't reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

It seems from the article above that he was given his gun license back after being investigated for an assault.

Sad state of affairs when nutters like that are allowed guns.

Surprised at the tone of the first sentence Mark, FAC and Shotgun holder for 25 yrs bud, I know how hard it is to keep hold of both. There are supposedly controls in place Mark relating to mental health, criminal records, valid reason to possess and over the years most cases of this nature inc Hamilton at Dunblane have had when the dust settles a point where the opportunity to remove the firearm was missed. I’ve a mate up here who is currently going to court to get his rifles back after being involved in nothing more than a heated disagreement over a traffic collision. Armed response team at his door and took the lot away due to an alleged assault. Anyway as I said at beginning it’s starting to look like !!, if I’m wrong then I’m wrong. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

See

Medical part of FAC renewal/ownership now enables/obliged your Dr to inform police if you so much as go in and tell them you are feeling a bit down etc 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Surprised at the tone of the first sentence Mark, FAC and Shotgun holder for 25 yrs bud, I know how hard it is to keep hold of both. There are supposedly controls in place Mark relating to mental health, criminal records, valid reason to possess and over the years most cases of this nature inc Hamilton at Dunblane have had when the dust settles a point where the opportunity to remove the firearm was missed. I’ve a mate up here who is currently going to court to get his rifles back after being involved in nothing more than a heated disagreement over a traffic collision. Armed response team at his door and took the lot away due to an alleged assault. Anyway as I said at beginning it’s starting to look like !!, if I’m wrong then I’m wrong. 

The killer sounds like he was that messed up that he'd have found a way to seek 'revenge' with or without guns. 

• Like 4