Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Exclusive: The government is facing growing pressure to relax the UK's immigration rules amid...

No we should not relax nothing, bloody Labour should be pushing for a training programme to be put in place to train people here not trying to gain political points. Yet again Starmer  showing how utterly out of touch with the working man he and his party is. 

Absolutely! BUT, it fits his re-neverendum agenda to claim Brexit is the cause of a shortage of truckers - conveniently ignoring the fact that the trucker shortage pre-dates Brexit by at least 5 years and is a consequence of that industry failing to implement a credible sustainability plan. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Absolutely! BUT, it fits his re-neverendum agenda to claim Brexit is the cause of a shortage of truckers - conveniently ignoring the fact that the trucker shortage pre-dates Brexit by at least 5 years and is a consequence of that industry failing to implement a credible sustainability plan. 

NEWS.SKY.COM

The head of the Road Haulage Association tells Sky News he can see problems with refuse collection adding to the...

Nonetheless, there is a significant problem which is unlikely to be resolved in any meaningful timeframe.

34 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

What passes for “rich” these days anyway?

If you’ve got enough, or more, money than you need but you wish you had more time does that make you rich or poor?

You can’t change money for time so what use is it so long as you’ve got food and shelter?

The old boy knew his onions:

F026CC34-7E6E-4C01-8745-738E7BB800DE.png

I guess most folk consider financial wealth as “rich”. But as you say you can be considered rich by other parameters. I’ve been happily married for coming on 21 years now. 4 kids with her and been together since she was 15 and I 18. We have a happy home and enjoy various pursuits together and we’re all perfectly healthy . I’d consider that rich beyond the vast majority of the worlds population. 

I do feel I’m sacrificing to much off my life for my job. But that’s really due to Covid these days. Normally I work 80-120 days a year. Apart from that I’m home with the kids. I really can’t complain.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I get what you're saying about easily quantifiable events. 
What's the difference between a sport and a game?
They are called the Olympic games, but where do you draw the line? I'm surprised that Karate has never been included.
I don't think 'wokeness' is as big of as a thing as you think it is. 

Not to mention these supposedly easy to qualify events are easy to qualify for the vast majority of the first world. Europe, Russia, USA, Canada, Scandinavia, Japan Australia and NZ. So it’s still very commendable for the U.K. to place where they do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark J said:

The head of the Road Haulage Association tells Sky News he can see problems with refuse collection adding to the...

Nonetheless, there is a significant problem which is unlikely to be resolved in any meaningful timeframe.

Well if nothing else it will reduce our Carbon footprint, mean cleaner air and less contested roads. We’d also be consuming less Chinese crap and perhaps have to start buying more locally. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Totally agree there a problem and that problem has consequences. 

Starmer is playing a dirty political trick by attempting to link both the problem and the (so called) solution to Brexit. 

Is he really so daft, or arrogant and out of touch, as to seek to dump all over the former Labour Brexit voting heartlands though?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Totally agree there a problem and that problem has consequences. 

Starmer is playing a dirty political trick by attempting to link both the problem and the (so called) solution to Brexit. 

Is he really so daft, or arrogant and out of touch, as to seek to dump all over the former Labour Brexit voting heartlands though?

Apparently so. He's a cockwomble.

• Like 3