Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I’ve always guessed he was rich!

What passes for “rich” these days anyway?

If you’ve got enough, or more, money than you need but you wish you had more time does that make you rich or poor?

You can’t change money for time so what use is it so long as you’ve got food and shelter?

The old boy knew his onions:

F026CC34-7E6E-4C01-8745-738E7BB800DE.png

• Like 7

7 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I can feel myself getting drawn in when I know I should resist...... 😞

Whole thing bears very little interest for me. 

The BMX story just about piqued an interest though - having been refused funding by what ever nameless QUANGO allocates funding to potential competitors, girl set up a gofundme page, raised her own cash and was first UK female gold medal winner - class act and with elements of ‘cool running’ back story. 👍🏻

10 hours ago, devon TWiG said:

I found the very little of the Olympics I saw to be a bit of a bore to be honest ( although pleased we done well ) but as others have said a lot of the events are a bit silly now I think ..BMX , skateboarding , surfing , dressage , golf  etc etc ..I fact I really do not care for subjective / judged sports but prefer quantifiable events ...running , swimming ,weightlifting etc where the winner is proven not chosen !!  most of these sports are not participated in by most of the world anyway !!   wokeness is showing it's ugly head here as well ...

I get what you're saying about easily quantifiable events. 
What's the difference between a sport and a game?
They are called the Olympic games, but where do you draw the line? I'm surprised that Karate has never been included.
I don't think 'wokeness' is as big of as a thing as you think it is. 

• Like 1

APPLE.NEWS

Exclusive: The government is facing growing pressure to relax the UK's immigration rules amid...

No we should not relax nothing, bloody Labour should be pushing for a training programme to be put in place to train people here not trying to gain political points. Yet again Starmer  showing how utterly out of touch with the working man he and his party is. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I don't think 'wokeness' is as big of as a thing as you think it is. 

That’s an outrageous assumption of my perfectly entitled opinion of how big a “thing” wokeness is!

You've no right to project YOUR assumptions into my free thinking space!

Im conflicted and confused as to whether I should slink off to my safe space for a sob session or go on a march to declare my independent right to free thought and speech.....

(all of that said, and stated for the record, I’m actually inclined to agree Mark - but keep it on the QT! 😂)

C832CAAF-156C-4C11-BC88-2A587070A913.png

• Haha 3