Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

What was illegal??? 

Unlawful detention without trial and hit/snatch squads.
My ex lasses brother was over there I've seen the scars both physical and mental on him. There's a very real chance you might know the guy.

The point was that we should go for the current people in charge of this shitshow and deal with history later.
I then got out my depth.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2

I don't know. I read that some South American countries were viewing her arrival as an opportunity for arrest.

So she’s not a criminal Wolfie….I mean Mark!🤣
Just because you smash the parasitic marxist NUM, and take a hard line on the terrorist scum in NI doesn’t make you a criminal…..
“South American countries” shining a light for freedom and democracy!! WTF 🤡
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mark J said:

Unlawful detention without trial and hit/snatch squads.
My ex lasses brother was over there I've seen the scars both physical and mental on him. There's a very real chance you might know the guy.

The point was that we should go for the current people in charge of this shitshow and deal with history later.
I then got out my depth.

Mark, your ex girlfriend's brother may have been there, but you weren't. You, at first hand,  know nothing about what went on. Hit squads? I assume the IRA didn't use such methods? They,  of course,  played like gentleman. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was a dirty full on war - the British have no right to complain about how the IRA acted and vice versa. 

Yaxley-Lennon or what ever the scum called himself nearly de-railed a huge trial of a grooming gang. A good friend of mine works at the court & his breaking of the court order of media silence gave the defendants lawyers massive leverage. Thankfully his actions did not prevent all being found guilty 

It was a dirty full on war - the British have no right to complain about how the IRA acted and vice versa. 

No it wasn’t!
By the British I guess you mean that all the innocent victims of paramilitary (both sides) violence have no right to complain?
IMHO PIRA/UVF et-al nothing more than a bunch of terrorist/criminal cowardly scum!
Suggest you go do some research chum…
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mark J said:

I don't know. I read that some South American countries were viewing her arrival as an opportunity for arrest.

Those bastions of legal integrity, historic democracy, liberty, freedom of expression and (in some cases) Marxist/ Communist ideologues.....  

If it even were true then, it’s (by degrees) STILL true that anyone considering a visit to certain South and Central American countries “ought” to have at least a cursory consideration of the potential to be ‘disappeared.’

Christ Mark (excuse the pun) I should expect it would even feature high in the RA of a Papal visit. (Catholic church - historic / current / future systemic criminality.....)

Not wanting to drift off into whataboutary, but ANYONE visiting C & S America has an evens chance of arrest. Not necessarily due to their own (supposed) criminality, but just because that’s what happens there. 

Dear, dear, dearly departed Lady Thatcher. Whatever next.....  (despairs at your incessant attempts to darken her character with your ridiculous prejudice.)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pete Mctree said:

Agree with the first bit of this statement. Like any war it's a mess - not sure how you pick it apart... or simplify it so neatly.

Is it ok to do terrible things in the name of God/your country/your relegion/money/your regiment/your family?

[Am not looking for an answer to that - but it's a good question to think about].

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commando said:

So she’s not a criminal Wolfie….I mean Mark!🤣
Just because you smash the parasitic marxist NUM, and take a hard line on the terrorist scum in NI doesn’t make you a criminal…..
“South American countries” shining a light for freedom and democracy!! WTF 🤡

You beat me to it 😂

• Like 3

Sadly it is a subject I know far too much about.

Please tell me how the conflict was not a civil war? The media & government called it “the troubles “ but only to calm the population on the mainland IMO and to try and deflect international attention. 

• Like 1