Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, Big J said:

But why can a country like Sweden go through the pandemic with no masks and have a statistically insignificant death rate and an infection rate much lower than us? I've been twice in the past 9 months and didn't see a single mask on anyone at any time. Their current situation is much better than ours and their overall situation compares favourably too. 

I don't think that it's as simple as "everyone put on masks and keep 2m distant". In the UK we've been treated like total idiots. We've had all personal responsibility stripped away from us through much of this, and then randomly been given it all back in a rush. Think Eat out to help out and now the 19th of July. Infection rates are going to skyrocket again because there is no happy middle ground where the individual assumes personal responsibility and shows mutual respect. It's government diktat or total personal freedom. 

I expect that before the schools go back in September that the government will have reimposed restrictions of some description.

Thought we’d been over this regarding Sweden. They are slimmer, healthier and far less densely populated than the uk. Of course they are not going to suffer the same.

as for being treated like total idiots in the uk, many of us are!

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Bullman said:

Thought we’d been over this regarding Sweden. They are slimmer, healthier and far less densely populated than the uk. Of course they are not going to suffer the same.

They are certainly slimmer and healthier, but the proportion that live in urban settings is actually a little higher than here (86% as opposed to 83% here).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I dont see why people who look after their health here in the UK should suffer because of those who refuse to do the same

We have had the repercussions of a slovenly lifestyle and a poor diet drummed into us from the Government and the NHS for decades now

But as Big J mentioned, the figures for the US are almost on a par with the UK and Scandinavia and we can hardly say that they are slimmer, healthier and far less densely populated the UK can we? 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I dont see why people who look after their health here in the UK should suffer because of those who refuse to do the same

We have had the repercussions of a slovenly lifestyle and a poor diet drummed into us from the Government and the NHS for decades now

But as Big J mentioned, the figures for the US are almost on a par with the UK and Scandinavia and we can hardly say that they are slimmer, healthier and far less densely populated the UK can we? 

You forgot wide screen TV watching slobs, but I'm not looking for a row😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, trigger_andy said:

I covered that with Slovenly ;) 

Anyway, we have been sent to opposite ends of the Classroom so we need to wrap this conversation up sharpish 

And you know full well there is no bad feeling between us, or I'm mistaken again.

• Like 2