Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

16 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Maybe we'll finally see some progress with the new guy in charge. Here's hoping ....

Forty world leaders will be urged to increase their carbon-cutting actions at US virtual...

Pipe dream. There’s only 1 solution to climate change and no amount of summits will change that 

• Like 3

Pipe dream. There’s only 1 solution to climate change and no amount of summits will change that 

You're right of course, we the human plague of parasites, are the problem. How can we ever action the solution to that though? It's an ethical minefield; trying to reduce or even limit our population. Sure, we could try to enforce contraception in third world countries, but I don't think that would help much. Most of the damage is done by or driven by us in first world countries, (with stable or even declining populations).

Surely we ought to at least mitigate the effects of our presence on the planet. The basic problem is exacerbated by the way we live our lives, our massive overconsumption of everything for instance.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel pretty depressed about the grim state that the world will be in when my son grows up, if we sit back and do nothing to try to improve the current trajectory.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sime42 said:

You're right of course, we the human plague of parasites, are the problem. How can we ever action the solution to that though? It's an ethical minefield; trying to reduce or even limit our population. Sure, we could try to enforce contraception in third world countries, but I don't think that would help much. Most of the damage is done by or driven by us in first world countries, (with stable or even declining populations).

Surely we ought to at least mitigate the effects of our presence on the planet. The basic problem is exacerbated by the way we live our lives, our massive overconsumption of everything for instance.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel pretty depressed about the grim state that the world will be in when my son grows up, if we sit back and do nothing to try to improve the current trajectory.

Is why i am glad i dont have children,  would hate them to have to deal with our shit. Even Julius Ceasar knew that. K

( no Mr Stubby, that isn't a salad) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You couldn't make this stuff up 😂 

First off Mr Johnson has no integrity as he lies for a pastime and Cummings being the accuser just tops  it off

Boris Johnson's one-time closest ally makes a string of explosive allegations about the PM's conduct.

On 22/04/2021 at 07:51, Steve Bullman said:

What we need is a good global pandemic to keep the numbers down :ridinghorse:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

You couldn't make this stuff up 😂 

First off Mr Johnson has no integrity as he lies for a pastime and Cummings being the accuser just tops  it off

Boris Johnson's one-time closest ally makes a string of explosive allegations about the PM's conduct.

You couldn't make it up, yet the Tories are more popular than ever,  in the poles... I think the vaccine gives short term memory loss.

You couldn't make it up, yet the Tories are more popular than ever,  in the poles... I think the vaccine gives short term memory loss.

More popular than ever as there is simply no real alternative.

The voter is being asked to vote for being bent over the barrel or being bent over the barrel with lube.

Both will be a pain in the arse, one just slightly more tolerable.
  • Like 1

I wont be voting for any of them as it stands. If we keep supporting bad government we will keep getting bad government.

Find a good honest independent and vote for them come the next election. Wont take long for the big parties to see they are losing votes and amend their ways. The power is in our hands but we seem to forget that 

• Like 2

I wont be voting for any of them as it stands. If we keep supporting bad government we will keep getting bad government.

Find a good honest independent and vote for them come the next election. Wont take long for the big parties to see they are losing votes and amend their ways. The power is in our hands but we seem to forget that 

IMG_2360.jpg
  • Like 1