Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

19 hours ago, The avantgardener said:

If I remember right, they jailed the guy to make it look like they had done the job, then released him on appeal, when it became obvious the evidence was dubious. They found a fall guy who was a bit ‘touched’ and had a changed his name by deed poll to Barry Bulsara because he loved Queen so much, his real name was Barry George, he sued for damages but got nowhere, no killer caught.

'Exellent work Constable Bastard'  , think they would have learned something from Steffan Kischko  case ?  k

Edited by Khriss
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Big J said:

And now social gatherings of more than 6 people are banned again. 

I wonder how much of the new infection spike is as a direct result of the Governments flurking stupid "Eat out to help out" scheme? 

Incentivising millions of people to go sit in rooms without masks on in a pandemic is something we'll look back on and think "eh? that was moronic".

Why can the government not distinguish between the different risk factors affecting different demographics? Can it surely not see that further lockdowns will cause more harm than good? That protecting the vulnerable whilst allowing the mostly unaffected to crack on is the most sensible course? 

The governments caught between a rock and a hard place here. They cant keep such a huge number of employees on furlough indefinitely. The Government, and these business owners dont want their businesses collapsing. Its a tax income for the Government and also the local councils and all the employees and 3rd parties that supply such places will be out of a job and on the dole. 

So the government puts a scheme in place that encourages folk to leave the safe confines of their homes and to venture out to these places but only after there is a set of rules and procedures in place. Ie deep/deeper cleaning, PPE and distancing. 

The Government would be blamed if they did nothing for these businnes, they are getting blamed for allowing this to happen and eveyone and their dog will moan about the tax hikes coming to pay for it all. 

We made use of the 'eat out to help out' scheme. The missus, my 17 year old  and the 2 and 1 year old. Only the three of us ate, the 2 and 1 year old picked at our food and just wanted out into the park to play.  When the Bill came they gave us a tenner off the bill for all 5 of us. :D The wee ones got paid to turn up. Bonus! 

The restaurant followed guidelines and procedures to the letter. Distancing, details taken, cleaning, face masks on employees and no ordering at the bar. We'd have a far hiher chance of getting C-19 in Tesco's. 

I agree wholeheartedly with your last comment. It seems more and more like the Government is using this 'pandemic' to test, probe and analyze what we will and will not put up with as a population and then broken down into age brackets and demographics. So now the Government is targeting the young, the very group with virtually no deaths anywhere on the planet. Soon we'll have a curfew in place, all in the name of the boogeyman that is C-19. We'll be policing it ourselves though fear and media conditioning backed up with overeager officials and the police. The Government must be laughing all the way to the gulags. Never before have they had such success in fear manipulation, control and compliance from something that although exits has killed virtually no one. Almost every major player on the planet has viruses like this locked away in labs. I can almost envision a transition away from making the worlds most deadly viruses to making mild ones like C-19. Highly contagious but kills virtually no one but puts the fear of god into everyone. You dont even need any boots on the ground. Its quite genius really. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So the young ones are spreading Covid 19 around and causing this spike, nothing to do with more testing?

More testing automatically produces more positive results. We are due a normal spike in seasonal flu/common colds at this time of year anytime now. If the kids are  causing this spike why send them all back to school? My friends kid is in a bubble of two whole year groups, that equates to 180 kids congregating and playing together with no masks or social distancing, then going home to parents/grandparents and spreading the Covid, then onto a mix in supermarkets, play parks and public places/transport. 
What a total crock of shit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The avantgardener said:

So the young ones are spreading Covid 19 around and causing this spike, nothing to do with more testing?

More testing automatically produces more positive results. We are due a normal spike in seasonal flu/common colds at this time of year anytime now. If the kids are  causing this spike why send them all back to school? My friends kid is in a bubble of two whole year groups, that equates to 180 kids congregating and playing together with no masks or social distancing, then going home to parents/grandparents and spreading the Covid, then onto a mix in supermarkets, play parks and public places/transport. 
What a total crock of shit.

Same here, year group bubbles that can not mix at school but get a packed school bus with all year groups mixed up. ?

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

We've got one of those Acadamys around here where the kids from the surrounding villages get shipped in by the bus load, you just know those kids aren't going to keep those masks on once they are passed the driver.

My Daughter get the School bus to school. Hour journey as we're out in the sticks and it does the milk run. So far she tells me they have at least so far stuck to it, and the Scottish schools have been back for a fair few weeks now. 

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

My Daughter get the School bus to school. Hour journey as we're out in the sticks and it does the milk run. So far she tells me they have at least so far stuck to it, and the Scottish schools have been back for a fair few weeks now. 

My daughter has been back for a week now and yesterday the fire alarm went off and they all had to stand together on the field ?!?!

53 minutes ago, Stubby said:

My daughter has been back for a week now and yesterday the fire alarm went off and they all had to stand together on the field ?!?!

My sister is a teacher for a year 1 class outside Newcastle, 2 days back and her co worker gets tested positive so the whole class are all back home for 14 days! Primary school near me, 60 kids all sent home cos someone tested positive.

so much so for back to school!

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Dont the boffins say that the chance of catching The Big Rona outside is drastically reduced compared to indoors hence why Beer Gardens and other outdoor activities where one of the first to be reintroduced and masks have never been a requirement outdoors either. 

As long as there is no tonsil tennis behind the bike shed Im sure the kids will be perfectly safe. 

• Like 3