Jump to content
Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Paul Cleaver said:

yes it is m8 - not far from me

I over wintered there the first year I had a boat, near Audlem Wharf on the main line. It was a bastard winter that opened my eyes to boating, I was frozen in for ten weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I over wintered there the first year I had a boat, near Audlem Wharf on the main line. It was a bastard winter that opened my eyes to boating, I was frozen in for ten weeks.

If the ice is bad, can it damage the boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Cleaver said:

If the ice is bad, can it damage the boat?

Not damage the boat per se, it will scrape the blacking off the hull meaning it will have to come out of the water more often (costly) to get re-blacked. I have broke ice when I've had to... read... when there was a young lady involved. 

 

I wouldnt walk down the driveway these days for the same thing.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/08/2020 at 19:31, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yome alright @eggsarascal?

 

Word is they found a bag of bones in the river. 
 

Anyone we know?? 
 

Murder inquiry after human bones found in River Stour in Sudbury https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-53942532

Word on the street (that's all it is) is it's the RAF bloke that went missing in 2016 after a night out in town, that said two other blokes disappeared, assumed dead over the last few years. Who'd have thunk it in rural Suffolk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2020 at 10:51, trigger_andy said:

Its all such a farce. 

Can’t believe that this has taken so long. I wish the absolute scare mongering and hysteria would abate and common sense could start to play a bigger part as has happened in Sweden from day one. 
On another note I’ve just viewed  the video of the guy being arrested and sprayed on the train for not wearing a mask. That police officer was an absolute disgrace and clearly not fit in many ways to carry out that role. He basically assaulted the guy whom was stating the truth ie he does not have to disclose medical information that pertains to him not wearing a mask. Way way too keen to get physical and quite frankly the guy being arrested showed great restraint under the circumstances. 

7FF70B15-12B7-435C-A9B3-CD01CD7A4BE9.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Can’t believe that this has taken so long. I wish the absolute scare mongering and hysteria would abate and common sense could start to play a bigger part as has happened in Sweden from day one. 
On another note I’ve just viewed  the video of the guy being arrested and sprayed on the train for not wearing a mask. That police officer was an absolute disgrace and clearly not fit in many ways to carry out that role. He basically assaulted the guy whom was stating the truth ie he does not have to disclose medical information that pertains to him not wearing a mask. Way way too keen to get physical and quite frankly the guy being arrested showed great restraint under the circumstances. 

7FF70B15-12B7-435C-A9B3-CD01CD7A4BE9.jpeg

Agreed. 

 

I was speaking to my brother in law in Sweden the other day, and the restrictions to travel almost seem bizarre to him as everything is pretty much back to normal there. 

 

Almost every other country mocked their approach in the first instance, but they aren't seeing a second wave, whereas the rest of Europe is heading that way. They may have the last laugh.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Big J said:

Agreed. 

 

I was speaking to my brother in law in Sweden the other day, and the restrictions to travel almost seem bizarre to him as everything is pretty much back to normal there. 

 

Almost every other country mocked their approach in the first instance, but they aren't seeing a second wave, whereas the rest of Europe is heading that way. They may have the last laugh.

...And they won’t have brought their economy to its knees in the process. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.