Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I just heard the funniest thing on the radio . This woman phoned in and  said " I don't know why they just sort this corona virus out ! "   Like its a naughty boy or something ...

Edited by Stubby
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I just heard the funniest thing on the radio . This woman phoned in and  said " I don't know why they just sort this corona virus out ! "   Like its a naughty boy or something ...

Mr Stubby, on a daily basis I ave to wade through peples perceptions of all of this in Town -  which puts me at actual great risk.  Common sense seems to have left this country abt March 2020.  Wish I had...... K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

(  statistics , sturgeon, blah , bit of wood outside - go do summat with it )

Oh Dear is one offended. 

im ever so sorry that the tone of debate is not to your liking, or along a line of thought that confirms with your own . Regarding Andy nope he has his opinions and I have mine, they often differ especially in respect to Scottish independence. 
100 mile NW of Shetland in the Atlantic today sweet cheeks so no options to go outside and do stuff with wood. 
Other areas of the forum which I often use tend to be utilised for more technical and timber related issues, I always understood this part to contain much more robust debate. Especially from the likes of Mark ?‍♂️. I’m sure he’s a big boy and can fight his own battles. 
Next time have a cup of tea or something first eh, wake up and then reply to stuff that you may disagree with that way you won’t come across as being a grumpy easily offended bugger in the mornings.  ?

• Like 1

Everyone on here enjoys my offended grumpy bugger of a morning , pal , I enjoy hearing abt tree stuff on occasion, stuff like this is tedious to the extreme.   One thing 'lockdown' did give many - was a sense of community purpose or change to do things . K

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Regarding Andy nope he has his opinions and I have mine, they often differ especially in respect to Scottish independence. 

Ive lost a lot of faith in Scotland ever managing to go it alone to be honest. Thank goodness we're still in the Union and are leaving the EU, it would be a gut punch to have left the Union and had an independent Scotland only to be dragged back into the EU by crazy Jimmy. A vocal minority of Scottish people also seem to think the answer to all current problems is to lay the blame with the English, unfortunately this sizable minority are big enough to keep the SNP Nazi party in power. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Everyone on here enjoys my offended grumpy bugger of a morning , pal , I enjoy hearing abt tree stuff on occasion, stuff like this is tedious to the extreme.   One thing 'lockdown' did give many - was a sense of community purpose or change to do things . K

Pal ???

what you mean is you like to hear stuff that you agree with. There are multiple other parts of the forum that deal exclusively  with “tree stuff”. 
Regarding community whilst I’m not really into boasting in public I have done plenty for people during this period including supplying free logs and doing shop runs  for those deemed vulnerable. Early on in the process before I drew my own conclusions I volunteered to be part of the response by DMT or Diver Medic Technicians to assist the NHS. 
Pal 

• Like 1