Jump to content
Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

Recommended Posts

On 15/05/2020 at 00:04, scbk said:

David Urquhart has gone down the pan.

 

Don't know if the name means much in other parts of the country? They had a few hotels, and made their money carting old folks about on coach tours, you would see the big ad in the back of sunday papers

 

 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

David Urquhart Group is shedding 110 jobs and selling three hotels amid the coronavirus crisis.

 

 

 

That's another coach/hotel business gone aswell today

 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A string of hotels will not re-open after the firm behind Caledonian Travel and Shearings collapsed.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MASSIVE earthquake rips through deepest Ross Shire :scared1:

 

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/earthquake-rattles-windows-in-ross-shire-community-200646/

 

 

"The quake, which originated 5km below the Earth's surface, was felt by several people."

and a "microphone on a boom arm bounced up and down".

 

 

 

Scary stuff :drunk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scbk said:

 

 

That's another coach/hotel business gone aswell today

 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A string of hotels will not re-open after the firm behind Caledonian Travel and Shearings collapsed.

 

Lockdown is all well and good but when the consequences  of that starts to outweigh those of the thing it’s supposed to be helping defeat 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Scotland’s lockdowns policy is more driven by SNP attitude to Westminster than any science. The lockdown in effect up here is non existent and prolonging it is doing nothing but cause untold financial and mental hardships. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Somebody is always whinging or demanding action for something it seems. 


Indeed, it never ceases to amaze me how we instantly demand, justice, retribution and punishment for people’s misdeeds... particularly if they happen to be from across the other side of the political divide..
when it comes to ourselves, or one of our own we tend to be much more gracious....
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Somebody is always whinging or demanding action for something it seems. 

It shows how there's always someone out there trying to catch out someone in the limelight, who'd want to live in that situation even if he's a pernicious creep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It shows how there's always someone out there trying to catch out someone in the limelight, who'd want to live in that situation even if he's a pernicious creep.

Ian Blackford 🙄 I see he is demanding yet another resignation. 

One of the worst  examples of a  whining Hand wringing politician. 

40D6F95A-4B1D-4C00-8DF7-5C99A502C29D.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Ian Blackford 🙄 I see he is demanding yet another resignation. 

One of the worst  examples of a  whining Hand wringing politician. 

40D6F95A-4B1D-4C00-8DF7-5C99A502C29D.png

But Blackford is just a "poor wee crofter", his election leaflets show him hugging lambs and the like

 

 

 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The SNP MP was revealed last week to have the second largest haul of Parliamentary expenses - at £242,000 - which...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 09:29, Johnsond said:

Lockdown is all well and good but when the consequences  of that starts to outweigh those of the thing it’s supposed to be helping defeat 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Scotland’s lockdowns policy is more driven by SNP attitude to Westminster than any science. The lockdown in effect up here is non existent and prolonging it is doing nothing but cause untold financial and mental hardships. 

Keep up with the Scottish news. I like it in the way I liked hearing that when Monty arrived in North Africa in WW2, he found that the conscripted officers treated orders as the basis for an open discussion, rather than doing their duty and carrying them out.

Not being snide. Scotland has hope even if some of the most vocal are sometimes dour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.