Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

I will be the first to admit I am not up to speed with NI, I do not wish to upset anyone over it.  I was trying to point out the difference between the thought process of the IRA and their supposed justification for what they do and what Radical Islam is doing now and the public's reaction to both. 

When you say it was 'our' country too is that referring to before or after the English occupation? Genuine question, I really dont know. 

And when exactly was the English occupation?,

and just how many other counteries and states have been invaded and settled since the English WERE INVITED into Ireland, by a weak wanna be Irish King/ruler, to depose his stronger rival.

Oops!

As they say "its complicated" starting with the Vikings settling Dublin and turning it into the slave dealing capital of Europe.

There was a staggeringly good, Irish made programme, on the BBC, about the rather convoluted history and peoples of Ireland.

Which was searingly honest, and did not  support the IRA's choosen narrative at all.

I suggest you watch it, and when I remember or find it I will put up a link.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

Christ Almighty Andy! I expected you to be more combative than that, that was a very grown up response, I'm actually warming to you! Well done, now go and have a wee dram.

Why thank you. :D 

Wish I could, Im on night-shift in the North Sea. Its bloody freezing! :D 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Why thank you. :D 

Wish I could, Im on night-shift in the North Sea. Its bloody freezing! :D 

Lol think of the day rate Andy,  

waiting for a weather window to head to Ithaca FPF1 to put them procedures to the test. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Lol think of the day rate Andy,  

It gives me a warm fuzzy glow inside and keeps me going through the night. :D 

The Missus wants an Esse Iron Heart for the kitchen and I want a ATV and either a Log Arch or Log Trailer. So the Over Time will help pay for one or the other. We'll see who gets their way. :D 

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

waiting for a weather window to head to Ithaca FPF1 to put them procedures to the test. 

Damn, still not away?  I'll be home before you leave at this rate. :D 40-60 knot winds these last few days, its been like getting Sand Blasted with hail.