Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

The IRA, rightly or wrongly where fighting for the freedom of their own country and to be free from the tyranny of English occupation and rule. 

IMHO.....That’s debatable, and may well have been the case at the start, but they ended up as a mafia style terrorist group who filled their pockets with drug and extortion money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Commando said:

The IRA, rightly or wrongly where fighting for the freedom of their own country and to be free from the tyranny of English occupation and rule. 

IMHO.....That’s debatable, and may well have been the case at the start, but they ended up as a mafia style terrorist group who filled their pockets with drug and extortion money.

Maybe so. I dont really care for the in's and outs of it really. But Id imagine that to fund an illigal war against the UK you'd need a substantial amount of funding which could really only be had by illegal means. 

IMHO there is a substantial difference between an indigenous people fighting for their own country back and immigrants handed everything on a plate yet turn to hate and wish to murder the hands that feed, house and clothe them. As the majority of these islamified nut jobs are either immigrants or sons of immigrants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

On the other hand we have crazed religious fanatics who's sole aim is the islamification of the West and the extermination of our way of life. 

We're not talking Apples with Apples here. 

I beg to differ  .  .  .

It was "our" country too .  .  .

Mind you the ruthless IRA policy of ethnic cleansing , down round Armagh and Fermanagh in particular, was intended to "sort that out", and has been quietly ignored by the world's press and media.

I could name innocent 17-18 year old heirs to historically owned Protestant farms, that had to flee to Canada, having been very fortunate to escape unscathed from a bullet riddled car.

He only fled under extreme pressure from his father and mother btw.

Oh, did I see some mention "extermination of a (Protestant) way of life", well ye ken, if the shoe fits  .  .  .

Edited by difflock
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, difflock said:

I beg to differ  .  .  .

It was "our" country too .  .  .

Mind you the ruthless IRA policy of ethnic cleansing , down round Armagh and Fermanagh in particular, was intended to "sort that out", and has been quietly ignored by the world's press and media.

I could name innocent 17-18 year old heirs to historically owned Protestant farms, that had to flee to Canada, having been very fortunate to escape unscathed from a bullet riddled car.

He only fled under extreme pressure from his father and mother btw.

Oh, did I see some mention "extermination of a (Protestant) way of life", well ye ken, if the shoe fits  .  .  .

I will be the first to admit I am not up to speed with NI, I do not wish to upset anyone over it.  I was trying to point out the difference between the thought process of the IRA and their supposed justification for what they do and what Radical Islam is doing now and the public's reaction to both. 

When you say it was 'our' country too is that referring to before or after the English occupation? Genuine question, I really dont know. 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I will be the first to admit I am not up to speed with NI, I do not wish to upset anyone over it.  I was trying to point out the difference between the thought process of the IRA and their supposed justification for what they do and what Radical Islam is doing now and the public's reaction to both. 

When you say it was 'our' country too is that referring to before or after the English occupation? Genuine question, I really dont know. 

You're about to open a can of worms now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Am I?

I think Difflock will know Im merely being curious. I genuinely have a very limited knowledge of NI. 

Seeing as it's been going on for over 300 years and still is to a degree,  you're not going to get a definitive answer on here. Just more arguing from the different factions. I think if you were a West Coaster you would have more of an idea of the situation.  Glasgow is very partisan, it's a built in default position which foot you kick with. No offence intended to any sensitive Glaswegians on here.k

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, David Cropper said:

Seeing as it's been going on for over 300 years and still is to a degree,  you're not going to get a definitive answer on here. Just more arguing from the different factions. I think if you were a West Coaster you would have more of an idea of the situation.  Glasgow is very partisan, it's a built in default position which foot you kick with. No offence intended to any sensitive Glaswegians on here.k

Fair enough. Im from the North East of Scotland and hate football with a passion. So my experience of sectarianism is quite limited. 

Still, Im sure the topic could be discussed without it collapsing into open warfare on here. :D 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Fair enough. Im from the North East of Scotland and hate football with a passion. So my experience of sectarianism is quite limited. 

Still, Im sure the topic could be discussed without it collapsing into open warfare on here. :D 

Christ Almighty Andy! I expected you to be more combative than that, that was a very grown up response, I'm actually warming to you! Well done, now go and have a wee dram.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2