Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

18 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Kevin...

The largest, most aggressive and, by a country mile, the most killingist terrorist organisation in the world today is the US military.

If that’s the way you see it Mick - and I can certainly understand some of the apparent contradictions which might be presented in support of such a mindset. 

Human nature being what it is, things do tend to go to shit pretty quickly when there ISN’T a dominant bad ass. 

If we accept that the US is the current dominant bad ass, and that some actions can, in hindsight, be viewed as counter productive, it still leaves the question, if not the US, which would be your preferred dominant bad ass?

(and you can’t answer “we don’t need one” because there are more than enough historical references to demonstrate that that kind of utopia is not coming anytime soon)

10 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

10 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If we accept that the US is the current dominant bad ass, and that some actions can, in hindsight, be viewed as counter productive, it still leaves the question, if not the US, which would be your preferred dominant bad ass?

Not in hindsight, with any reasonable foresight, US foreign policy has been counter productive. 

Not in hindsight, with any reasonable foresight US foreign policy has been counter productive.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Whadayamean ??

I'm presuming this, and you being ex military may know better. If the US (Trump) was about to launch attacks on Iran surely the question of collateral damage would have been asked much sooner than 10 minutes before the planes were ready to depart?, frankly I don't believe it, I think, and again this is only presumption, his advisers told him where he was going wrong, and he's got the potential to be a very dangerous man.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Sooooooo.....

Who would you rather see in the big chair then?

China?

Russia?

India?

Why so eager to be subjugated?

Just saying ‘oh sure they can be naughty, but have you seen the alternative?’ Isn’t much of an argument.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Not in hindsight, with any reasonable foresight US foreign policy has been counter productive.

Has always been so in my lifetime,  I became disillusioned when I was 17 in Finthen USAA Germany and since then realised the problem stemmed from way before then, probably  when they first latched on to the Balfour declaration.