Jump to content
Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

We are experiencing a downturn in GP numbers - meh, not exactly ‘hot’ news. 

 

The has been a historic failure to plan and recover to a better level - meh, not exactly hot news. 

 

Adding +/- 300k bodies per year to a population is 

 

(a) ameliorating the existing problem 

 

or 

 

(b) exacerbating the existing problem?

 

Situation not too hard to grasp really....

It seems that it is, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

We are experiencing a downturn in GP numbers - meh, not exactly ‘hot’ news. 

 

The has been a historic failure to plan and recover to a better level - meh, not exactly hot news. 

 

Adding +/- 300k bodies per year to a population is 

 

(a) ameliorating the existing problem 

 

or 

 

(b) exacerbating the existing problem?

 

Situation not too hard to grasp really....

Depends on how many of them are GP’s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The avantgardener said:

Depends on how many of them are GP’s.

With a points based immigration system they could all be. Of course there wouldn’t be 300k of them though and it would only leave the moral dilemma of asset stripping other nations.....  Can’t help but think of the anti Empire brigade and their collective self imposed guilt trip in such a scenario 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

Depends on how many of them are GP’s.

And how many of them breed way above replacement rate once they arrive. I wish I was in charge so I could sentence you to live out the rest of your life in central Birmingham for your thought crimes against the indiginous

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

With a points based immigration system they could all be. Of course there wouldn’t be 300k of them though and it would only leave the moral dilemma of asset stripping other nations.....  Can’t help but think of the anti Empire brigade and their collective self imposed guilt trip in such a scenario 🤣

I can’t think of a reason why a skills based points system cannot be put in place, I have also never met anyone who is apposed to one.

It makes you wonder who the present system benefits the most?

Maybe we should lobby our local MP’s and get the points system put into their manifestos.

I think the Lib Dem’s would be back in business with the Tory vote swing if they had a points system in their plans.

Edited by The avantgardener

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

And how many of them breed way above replacement rate once they arrive. I wish I was in charge so I could sentence you to live out the rest of your life in central Birmingham for your thought crimes against the indiginous

I have friends in Birmingham that would quite happily peel your face off your skull for such remarks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

I have friends in Birmingham that would quite happily peel your face off your skull for such remarks!

'You will never forget the terror of Orgy Castle'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If only there was a blindingly obvious, relatively easily implemented, tried & tested, demonstrably affective system of controlling the number, quality and term of residence granted already in use elsewhere in the world which could be simply copied and rolled out without any significant effort....

 

I guess, until some simple sense and honesty  is applied... we’ll have to carry on pretending that a points based immigration system isn’t the blindingly obvious way to go....

 

8 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

With a points based immigration system they could all be.

Bit confused why you keep going on about why the UK should adopt a points based immigration system, considering the fact that the UK already does adopt a points based migration system and has done for over 10 years?

 

Especially confusing considering how under the points based system, non-EU net migration has steadily risen from 150,000/yr in 2013 to 261,000 in 2018, compared to EU net migration (free movement) at only 57,000 last year. So 82% of net migration is already through our points based system, but applying the same system to the remaining 18% is the "blinding obvious" answer? The claim that it is a "demonstrably affective system of controlling the number" is a bit questionable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lucan said:

 

Bit confused why you keep going on about why the UK should adopt a points based immigration system, considering the fact that the UK already does adopt a points based migration system and has done for over 10 years?

 

Especially confusing considering how under the points based system, non-EU net migration has steadily risen from 150,000/yr in 2013 to 261,000 in 2018, compared to EU net migration (free movement) at only 57,000 last year. So 82% of net migration is already through our points based system, but applying the same system to the remaining 18% is the "blinding obvious" answer? The claim that it is a "demonstrably affective system of controlling the number" is a bit questionable.

Well, there are points based systems designed or intended to favour those with skills to offer,

and UN type points based systems designed and intended to favour the most; dispossessed/unpassported/uneducated/unwanted/lying/young/male etc etc etc, etc etc.

Ah kin kinda guess which system the uk has most likely got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.