Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

Just now, difflock said:

She looks older than 10 though?

P.S.

I will be powerful glad to see yon big bullying gobshite well tobered.

It’s an internet craze, post a picture of yourself 10 years ago and now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

as it happens some builders I know owe me money, have done for a yr or two now.. often I think to go round and set fire to their vans and beat em down some for a bonus..   but I don't do that cause it ain't worth the hassle..   just don't do owt for em again..  not to mention every time I bump into em they have to avert my gaze lest they make eye contact, they don't seem to appreciate that I can tell you ..

its almost worth them owing me money to be honest..   

And if you can't build a slush fund then I suggest they get out the business and find other employment..   as this kind of work ain't for em..  everyone knows how easy it is to get stiffed in that game...

And yea its brought late payment into the spotlight. but do you think anything will be done?. I don't.. we've been here before many times....  its in the nature of the work and subcontracting..  be prepared is the watchword in that game... nothin is gonna change because its a fluid environment that calls for flexibility by all sides...  

Do I think it will change much err no not really not in the short term but it's now out there and people are talking about it. There's nothing I need to know about being flexible and self employed/subcontracting vesp ive done it since I came out the army in 1990 and managed to pay my way to pay the mortgage and never once claim a penny from the state, I'd class myself as reasonably savvy in the ways of this game but I've been burnt and found my back to the wall with no slush fund. Shit does happen in life unfortunately and the reaction of that guy whilst wrong can be half understood. What is bollocks is how easy guys can fold up firms owing a fortune and start again virtually the next day 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, David Cropper said:

Sorry Johnsond, I thought it was Mr Johnson!

That quite simply  is beyond the pale - and yes, I have seen some fairly extreme depravity on my travels... But that? Nooooooooo....

4 hours ago, David Cropper said:

So am I mate but I ain't got any standards!

4 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Salmond probably wouldn’t be safe from him.

Chimps! 🐒 What happens on the ocean wave, stays on the ocean wave 😳

• Haha 1

I often wondered in he ever had a pop at Wee Jimmy Krankie Sturgeon.  I'd pay good money to see that. 

IMG_0650.jpg
  • Haha 3

I think the guy on the digger is a nutter, but he's done us all a favour. The next time a Co we've subbed to is thinking about knocking us back on a payment, they may just think twice.

Its like when a house holder kills a bugler, it must make so of the other scum think twice.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

Its like when a house holder kills a bugler, it must make so of the other scum think twice.

A tad harsh.  Are you more of a tuba man yourself?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, skyhuck said:

The next time a Co we've subbed to is thinking about knocking us back on a payment, they may just think twice.

Yes, there are many firms that make late payment a matter of policy and that hides the ones that are about to go pop.

Working on 28 days payment is bad enough but 90 days means you lose serious money when they fail.

• Like 1