Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Probably not, but at least she probably wouldn't advocate throwing them off rooftops or stoning them to death.

But teaching them they are disgusting sinners who will burn in hell for all eternity is OK?

12 hours ago, TIMON said:

I think it’s a shame that the thought police and social nazis have caused an apparently good person to lose their job and means of providing for her family just because she had a conflicting view on her own child’s wellbeing.
Isn’t it great to know we live in an ‘inclusive’ society ?!

She signed a petition trying to prevent inclusion, would that not make her the facist? As for thought police, is that not the whole point of religion?

Re. Sad teaching God chum.

Most people who work for companies will be subject to social media rules, I know I am, hence not mentioning my workplace on Facebook.

You can't expect to post things which could alienate and vilify the children you're supposed to be looking after and not expect there to be some sort of repercussion. It's not diminishing the right to free speech, she can say whatever she wants, but it is holding people accountable for acts of twattery. See Israel Folau for example.

She signed a petition trying to prevent inclusion, would that not make her the facist? As for thought police, is that not the whole point of religion?

As far as I can make out, she just didn’t agree with her very young son being subjected to compulsory sex education and wanted to voice her objections. Her job was at a different school and her work record was exemplary.
She got sacked on the strength of one anonymous email and the panel that sacked her could find no evidence of misconduct.
My point is, we are no longer free to determine our own views in this country. I would have been surprised at you being ok with this Dave.

12 minutes ago, TIMON said:

As far as I can make out, she just didn’t agree with her very young son being subjected to compulsory sex education and wanted to voice her objections. Her job was at a different school and her work record was exemplary.
She got sacked on the strength of one anonymous email and the panel that sacked her could find no evidence of misconduct.
My point is, we are no longer free to determine our own views in this country. I would have been surprised at you being ok with this Dave.

It’s not sex education, it’s simply going through books that contain stories about different families made up of 2 daddies or two mummies etc. This is intended to prevent bullying of children whose parents don’t fall within the norm. I really do fail to see why anyone would have issue with that.

As for her ‘exemplary record’ so what. Lots of people thought Jimmy Savile was great. 

why it's never safe to give someone a good slap (even if they needed it) - obviously no problem in self defence, but this wasn't.

"On the last day that Mr Walsh was alive, Stephen Walsh and Katie Brown had attended a friend's christening.They stayed there until about 10.15pm. Mr Walsh was driving them home that evening in his Lexus. He had been drinking throughout the evening and should not have driven. Katie Brown was cross with him for doing this and had an argument with him at the time, but he insisted on driving them home.

"On their way home shortly after 10pm, Mr Walsh veered into the path of Oliver Brown, who was travelling with his girlfriend, Roseann Newton. Mr Brown was driving his Vauxhall Astra van. The two vehicles collided to a minor degree." 

She said Mr Walsh should have stopped at the scene but had carried on home and "settled down to watch an episode of Love Island that they had recorded."

Mr Brown had driven round to try and track down the person who hit him, she said, adding that when Stephen Walsh answered the door "Oliver Brown remonstrated with him at the front door and then struck Mr Walsh hard to the face knocking him to the ground."

She added: "He was out cold and unconscious. The blow from Mr Brown and the impact caused by Mr Walsh's head falling to the ground resulted in fractures to his head and jaw. These led to a bleed on the brain that would tragically kill him just a few hours later."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/oliver-brown-road-rage-attack-murder-love-island-stephen-walsh-a8875506.html

Edited by tree-fancier123
definition of retaliation

Happened to a mate of mine, probably thirty years ago. Him and his girlfriend got hassled by some fella in a pub one night, they drank up and moved on. Tw@t followed them and started again, my mate banged him one, he hit the deck and died. My mate walked on the grounds he was provoked, and it was self defence. Going and finding someone, even if you think they need a slap could get you in big trouble. Anyone that takes the law into their own hands must me prepared for the circumstances.