Mick Dempsey

Making the news today....

4 hours ago, AHPP said:

What would Soloman do?

Dunno, thought he was playing midfield fr Queens Park Rangers ... ? ;) k

eghamfatality.thumb.jpeg.a7e5a0dcaff2f481696cd66b599d4142.jpegI rode past the scene of a tragedy on my way back from delivering some bits of wood to @se7enthdevil it had been cleared up but the butt was still there, pictures from BBC and Google streetview.

This  would have come down with speed.

eghamstreeview.thumb.jpeg.58631f57105bfdadb18942ea5c1d5869.jpeg

I often wonder about monoliths, we have one locally  adjacent to a path carved into a flying horse, the sapwod has already gone and an adjacent one fell across the road.

On 19/02/2019 at 13:39, openspaceman said:

eghamfatality.thumb.jpeg.a7e5a0dcaff2f481696cd66b599d4142.jpegI rode past the scene of a tragedy on my way back from delivering some bits of wood to @se7enthdevil it had been cleared up but the butt was still there, pictures from BBC and Google streetview.

This  would have come down with speed.

eghamstreeview.thumb.jpeg.58631f57105bfdadb18942ea5c1d5869.jpeg

I often wonder about monoliths, we have one locally  adjacent to a path carved into a flying horse, the sapwod has already gone and an adjacent one fell across the road.

Mattheck has a real thing about monoliths. He's vehement that they shouldn't be taller than a metre or two when adjacent to paths and roads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Mattheck has a real thing about monoliths. He's vehement that they shouldn't be taller than a metre or two when adjacent to paths and roads. 

That seems to make sense to me. If the public can't be fenced off, then you have to make it less likely they'll come a cropper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

That seems to make sense to me. If the public can't be fenced off, then you have to make it less likely they'll come a cropper.

Oi ! Do you mind! 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

It makes sense.

Oddly enough  I was felling such a monolith today, 15 metres high and 6 metres from a bridleway. Such a shame as it was  a lovely habitat.  Timber was a bit soft for wedging so the little vitara tugged it, all 200Hft of it, over after I had whittled away the hinge more than I should have. It's on Ada Lovelace's  (the first computer algorithm writer) estate .

It was fascinating also because though originally downland it must have been made a parkscape and the  place is littered with the corpses of 250 year old Beech with a mixed thicket stage understory of dying ash, squirrel  gnawed beech, hawthorn, turkey oak, viburnam, holm oak and box.deadbeech.jpeg.6cbb402ffb484c286c2b403f8d6cbe68.jpeg

Good move for Rodgers, good club, good playing staff. Can’t blame him really for wanting another crack at the big league. 

Don't see really that he owes Celtic anything.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

Good move for Rodgers, good club, good playing staff. Can’t blame him really for wanting another crack at the big league. 

Don't see really that he owes Celtic anything.

He’ll achieve nothing there, it’s a revolving door.