Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Thats Farmers though, right? Not Households. There is no plans for Household restrictions as far as Im aware. 

I didn’t say who the restrictions are affecting, I said there are restrictions in Scotland, fact. And there are also talks about domestic restrictions to come.

I’ve a feeling you jump on my post about lack of water in the canals without knowing what you were talking about.

Just now, eggsarascal said:

I didn’t say who the restrictions are affecting, I said there are restrictions in Scotland, fact. And there are also talks about domestic restrictions to come.

I’ve a feeling you jump on my post about lack of water in the canals without knowing what you were talking about.

🙄

I’m trying to think of the last major headline grabbing water storage or collection project ??. I remember Kielder from my childhood but not much since. Maybe it’s time to follow in the footsteps of our Victorian forefathers and create some reservoirs rather than giving water companies the option to meter water and make even more profit. I’ve been fortunate enough to dive and carry out maintenance  on some stunning dams and draw off towers  over the years from that era, ( Yorkshire water had by far the best examples)the workmanship and skills involved in their construction was absolutely staggering. 

6ED9BC76-6C2C-456B-A193-F4B76437C589.png

1669ABEA-DBC1-4AC6-80C2-63B3C2EAAC99.png

785B61A5-9446-4DF4-A14A-87FDD469C5BD.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 5

They are already trying to hound out the new leaders before they are even in power. Can’t say I’m a fan of either of these 2, but don’t quite see why they are using this line from truss as ammo, she’s basically right  

APPLE.NEWS

A leaked audio recording has revealed Liz Truss said British workers needed "more graft" and lacked the "skill and...

• Like 3

I think it's because the media aren't capable of being impartial, they won't rest until kier is elected after which all problems will disappear.

It's a similar story with uncle Joe and the spoiler of London Khan, they just seem incapable of doing any wrong.

I've long realised that 24/7 news ruined journalism, it forced them to drum up half baked articles to regurgitate.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I've long realised that 24/7 news ruined journalism, it forced them to drum up half baked articles to regurgitate.

You’re right there.

one of my biggest gripes is how they use Instagram and Twitter comments to buffer out their articles, with such twaddle as….

one user wrote ‘blah blah blah’, whilst another said ‘blah blah blah’.

i instantly click out when I see that. Why do they honestly think anyway cares what Karen or Rick have to say? 

• Like 4

Hopefully the move to streaming TV channels will force news to return to a more on the hour format and a possibility of doing actual journalism.

Wishful thinking, as I even get frustrated with the radio repeating news on the half hour. It just gets nauseous.

I have a similar response to the media resorting to asking people how they feel, it's the news not a self help focus group.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1