Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

35 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Andy, I understand you (and Dave) are lucky enough to have quite a few children, good for you both.

Did you pay for their births (all the doctors, midwives etc) privately?

Have they all been educated in private schools from infancy?

Any time they are ill do you pay privately every penny for health care?

Not trying to catch you out, you know where I’m going with this.

I have no idea where you are going with this.

But I understand that the NHS and education systems need paid for. I pay or have paid significant amounts of tax and NI to amply cover this.

Regardless, this does not take away from the fact there is a seriously disproportionate amount of tax and NI paid by thought who are seen as higher earners and those on lower wages pay close to feck all. 

Anyway, my point (before the wine kicks in) is it’s not just paying in the pot to take out as you put it.

Its paying in the pot knowing you’ll never take it out.

Some people who have no children will pay for other people children’s health care and education, other peoples elderly parents to have care and their arses wiped even though their  own parents may have died inexpensively much younger.

In society, you’re either in or you’re out, you can’t pick and choose, you enjoy earning good money and a safe and healthy environment to raise your kids, then you render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.

• Like 1

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Unlikely.

If you say so. But it’s worth keeping in mind the State does not generate an income. It’s funded by taxation, and rightly so. The gripe is the perceived injustice in how that taxation is weighed. Currently I believe it’s drastically unfair to those who early above the median. This I believe will only get worse as things get really bad next year. I imagine Sturgeon will yet again tell those “with the broadest shoulders” that they need to pay an even higher percentage to cover the gaping hole caused by what some would say is the massive con that Covid proved to be. 

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Of course you did, you just forget to mention the other bit.

The insurance bit? We’re discussing income tax, not insurance.

But if you include the insurance it’s just over £6100 on a £30,000 wage. That’s like 20% tax total. A piss take really. 

But then someone on £30k a year will potentially be entitled various benefits. Child benefit for example. When these are taken into consideration the actual tax paid drops significantly. 

43 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Ok, understood. 
The state paid for your childrens education from 5 to 18 though right?

5-16 in two cases and yeah they did which is why I pay tax on my earnings is it not, im paying vat on just about everything I buy including fuel, house, energy, heating oil etc etc much of which the government is already taxing too,  so whilst I know you like to disagree with me Mick but the system is hammering those whom are trying the hardest to get on. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

The insurance bit? We’re discussing income tax, not insurance.

But if you include the insurance it’s just over £6100 on a £30,000 wage. That’s like 20% tax total. A piss take really. 

But then someone on £30k a year will potentially be entitled various benefits. Child benefit for example. When these are taken into consideration the actual tax paid drops significantly. 

So the bloke who spends an awful lot of time on here telling us how much he earns, how clever he is and how dumb we all are, doesn’t like how much tax he pays?

It’s Friday night, so I’m treating myself with a gif.

3E4B46F5-04B3-4AC6-8D88-1AACA0917357.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3