Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

APPLE.NEWS

Almost half fear riots, as expert warns this winter could see ‘poll tax moment’ for government

We seem to be heading for a post covid meltdown in many regards at a higher and higher pace. Those at the bottom and top seem to be getting help or can afford the financial hit respectively, those in the middle trying to graft and get on in life are getting hammered. The annoying thing is those in that middle ground are “at least in my own case “ those most likely to have had zero assistance throughout the last couple of years but are seemingly gonna pick up a disproportionate amount of the payback pain. I’m fortunate in-as much as I’m earning a very good dayrate  offshore but still have to be aware of the increasing costs all around me back home, that and the fact in Scotland the 41% taxation class is not hard to get painfully deep into. Some of the more outlandish theories about where we would end up post covid all of a sudden seem to be not that mad after all. Energy riots and or mass non payment this winter ! and at what point will those in the middle paying for most of this lunacy kick back at the insane situation where the government gives money to millions of lower earners to then pass virtually direct to the energy companies !!. I’ve often quoted nationalisation of essential industries as something I believe in but unfortunately in reality one look at the NHS tells you how they  would probably pan out. One things for certain mass privatisation of many of the essentials needed for day to day living has not brought the promises of efficiency and competition etc etc that were ultimately supposed to benefit the consumer, “Or where they ever in reality ??“. 
( Weather day Andy 👍time on my hands) 

• Like 7