Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, difflock said:

Need a return to the traditional multi generational household, where the grandparents looked after the grandchildren, while the parents worked to earn to pay for the heat and meat.

And one heated space provided for multiple bodies, unlike today's fractured society where every difficult to please "strong independent person" expects to be able to keep a dwelling for themselves only to live in, and heated to T shirt wearing levels of comfort.

The thing is we've moved on, people move away from the family home/area for work purposes, it's not like it was years ago where people didn't move away from the village/town they were born in.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Last message to you on the subject because you talk like a prick, what about the old and infirm who live in villages like the one I live in, ten miles from the nearest town, the only shop is the village shop/post office, bus comes through one day a week, where do they go, let me tell you, they will go to the village hall when it starts operating as a warm bank in September. Not everyone is a dosser.

I’ve already mentioned that the vulnerable are an exception or did you miss that? 🙄

Just now, Puffingbilly413 said:

Should have tried harder at school then.

This is a literal fact. I wasted my school years and made up for it the hard way with two apprenticeships back to back. Car Mechanic and Mechanical Engineering. 

Still, it just shows you that if anyone wishes to turn their life around it’s never to late, and then you can spend the rest of your life back paying tax. 

20 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

This is a literal fact. I wasted my school years and made up for it the hard way with two apprenticeships back to back. Car Mechanic and Mechanical Engineering. 

Still, it just shows you that if anyone wishes to turn their life around it’s never to late, and then you can spend the rest of your life back paying tax. 

Similar, left school with nothing, made hard work of my early life, got out of prison and worked on the roads before working on the water board, then moved on to working for a private pump company, then going on to work for myself. A good mate who is sadly no more got me started, could I have done it without his help... I'm no sure.

On 28/07/2022 at 19:26, trigger_andy said:

I pay over £60k in tax a year. I’d say I have no option but to share my wealth. 

Regardless I’m not sure why you’re praising someone’s intentional decision to stop others earning a wage to line the pockets of an organisation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You need to get a better accountant Andy! 🤔

After reassessing part of the case, the CMA has found that Pfizer and Flynn abused their dominant positions to...

a bit earlier than today but this is the firm that provided much of the covid vaccines and all?? the boosters so those figures are yet to come

That's a big export of dosh no wonder the pound is reaching parity with the dollar

• Like 1