Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

23 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Perhaps since Covid's made a departure for the time being the focus of discussion might be more productive if some of the serious oncoming issues that really aren't making the news could get some attention..

Like the up coming WHO conference with the aim gaining the power to declare pandemics, dictate policy and force mandates without any democratic vote on the subject , I believe 192 countries including GB are signed up to that.

Or maybe the massive food shortages with supply chain collapses predicted to arrive  soon, with many normally exporting countries right now changing their policy on that in order that they might feed their own population.

I believe Italy has done this, My sister who lives there is reporting that fields all over the place that have never been previously been planted now crops growing in them whereas i don't hear anything about that being policy here... maybe someone more informed can tell me different.

I totally agree with this but I think they're guilty of far worse than breaking a few covid rules and if they let things deteriorate below a certain point they're heads will be on pikes.. Just look at Sri Lanka right now to see what happens when the lights go out and there's no food.

Let's add to that the crime bill that Patel seems hell bent on getting through again to those things, there are serious ramifications in the pipeline when/ if it gets passed. Odds are we'll be too cold and hungry by then to protest much by then anyhow. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Odds are we'll be too cold and hungry by then to protest much by then anyhow. 

I was ruminating about this earlier. I'm wondering if this coming crash is going to be the proper one or whether it'll be magically fixed with more money printing like every other time. I then came to thinking that if it is a bad one, why not get the revolution out of the way now. Think of all the ropes we tree folk have. I've probably got enough to hang the department of transport.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I was ruminating about this earlier. I'm wondering if this coming crash is going to be the proper one or whether it'll be magically fixed with more money printing like every other time. I then came to thinking that if it is a bad one, why not get the revolution out of the way now. Think of all the ropes we tree folk have. I've probably got enough to hang the department of transport.

They seem to favour the pestilence/war/famine model; it might well turn ugly, it's too early to tell just yet.

45 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I'd speculate that the roots of this go back to 1968 and the ' club of Rome ' which has probably morphed into the WEF or the global unelected would be dictatorship.. it's a long term plan that's being enabled to accelerate exponentially due to advances in technology and the ability to control the masses as just demonstrated over the last couple of years.

To me all of public petty politics is nothing but a sideshow and deliberately designed to cause as much division and confusion as possible, never more so than today with all the bullshit issues at the fore occupying the dumb cluck intellect of this lowest common denominator society that most have been lured into.

So, in a nutshell, yes I think that this could deteriorate very quickly into the real thing and in orders of magnitude worse than anything that's ever gone before... there are many folk currently warning of supply chain collapse which we on this island are particularly vulnerable to.

It's only my take on the subject, so sorry for the pessimistic reply, cheers.

Edited by Macpherson
  • Like 1