Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-05-23/exclusive-pm-pictured-drinking-at-downing-street-party-during-lockdown

4ac04cfcbe5e13e4d1b52f8d1418ff66Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjUzNDEyNDQ1-2.66209549.jpg?width=1200&width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75 WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK
Boris Johnson was not fined for an event at which he was photographed apparently drinking wine and raising a toast.  
"Let's just wait for the Sue Gray report" ...................
and then the Commons Privileges Committee ......... ..
and then the ............
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

🤷‍♂️Everyone was at it Mark, you’d have had to be a utterly gullible fool to follow all the insane restrictions that were in place to the letter. 
That’s not defending them it’s just most are bored to death in regards who did what at these gatherings. There are far far more important relevant things to be concerned about. 

These are the people who created all the bullshit restrictions that cause many of us considerable grief yet you give them a free pass when they flaunt it?  I'm bored to death with the covid clatter myself too but I do think it's important to hold people to account when they're found out to have been making mugs of us all. 

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

These are the people who created all the bullshit restrictions that cause many of us considerable grief yet you give them a free pass when they flaunt it?  I'm bored to death with the covid clatter myself too but I do think it's important to hold people to account when they're found out to have been making mugs of us all. 

I’d hold every single politician whom voted in and supported the restrictions we had to tolerate Mark not just the ruling party, there were only a handful of people in Westminster whom had the balls and common sense to question things. I’m not giving anyone a free pass it’s just I don’t give a shit if Boris or Stsrmer got pissed up or didn’t bud. No one will ever be held to account for the past two years utter utter  insanity. 

• Like 5

Perhaps since Covid's made a departure for the time being the focus of discussion might be more productive if some of the serious oncoming issues that really aren't making the news could get some attention..

Like the up coming WHO conference with the aim gaining the power to declare pandemics, dictate policy and force mandates without any democratic vote on the subject , I believe 192 countries including GB are signed up to that.

Or maybe the massive food shortages with supply chain collapses predicted to arrive  soon, with many normally exporting countries right now changing their policy on that in order that they might feed their own population.

I believe Italy has done this, My sister who lives there is reporting that fields all over the place that have never been previously been planted now crops growing in them whereas i don't hear anything about that being policy here... maybe someone more informed can tell me different.

29 minutes ago, Mark J said:

but I do think it's important to hold people to account when they're found out to have been making mugs of us all. 

I totally agree with this but I think they're guilty of far worse than breaking a few covid rules and if they let things deteriorate below a certain point they're heads will be on pikes.. Just look at Sri Lanka right now to see what happens when the lights go out and there's no food.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Perhaps since Covid's made a departure for the time being the focus of discussion might be more productive if some of the serious oncoming issues that really aren't making the news could get some attention..

Like the up coming WHO conference with the aim gaining the power to declare pandemics, dictate policy and force mandates without any democratic vote on the subject , I believe 192 countries including GB are signed up to that.

Or maybe the massive food shortages with supply chain collapses predicted to arrive  soon, with many normally exporting countries right now changing their policy on that in order that they might feed their own population.

I believe Italy has done this, My sister who lives there is reporting that fields all over the place that have never been previously been planted now crops growing in them whereas i don't hear anything about that being policy here... maybe someone more informed can tell me different.

I totally agree with this but I think they're guilty of far worse than breaking a few covid rules and if they let things deteriorate below a certain point they're heads will be on pikes.. Just look at Sri Lanka right now to see what happens when the lights go out and there's no food.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Nolan Jazimreg #FBPE @NolanJazimreg There wouldn't be grocery store shortages right now if we ate our vegetables instead of electing them."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 23/05/2022 at 20:33, Johnsond said:

Christ Mark that the best you can come up with bud. 

Hey Dave, which bit did you disagree with the most? 
Here it is again in case you didn't catch it all the first time. 

• Like 1