Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

AgEXQUU3bHJlbGxIVHgyTTVuYm9iRjJENGcAMA APPLE.NEWS
A woman has been jailed for life after she committed "shockingly depraved" sexual abuse, including the rape of a girl. Life !! Not quite sadly, utterly pathetic sentences. 

Sentencing is an insult to that young human life. I feel I should be more shocked by a story like that, these stories are too commonplace now, maybe that’s down to social media, I don’t know. The more we hear the less shocked we are, that can’t be good.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mull said:

Sentencing is an insult to that young human life. I feel I should be more shocked by a story like that, these stories are too commonplace now, maybe that’s down to social media, I don’t know. The more we hear the less shocked we are, that can’t be good.

The world wouldn’t mourn any of the perpetrators’ loss, they should all simply be executed IMO. 

• Like 3

On 11/05/2022 at 23:20, daveatdave said:

schools have a budget to provide meals at about the 30p mark which they achieve for a 2 Corse though the custard is a bit watery  and most of it is cooked from fresh produce

what the MP was stating is about right cook from scratch and save money    

They don't, they have 75p as a usual budget and that's for one main meal, bearing in mind that these are meals for kids and not fully grown adults; a mate of mine is the catering manager at an academy and that's the figure he gives, they do make everything from scratch and in large quantities, not something which is readily achievable in a small household.

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says "5m Brian Moore @brian... Every MP who claims you can get a nutritional meal for 30p should only be allowed to claim the same on their food expenses. × 35 194"

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mark J said:

They don't, they have 75p as a usual budget and that's for one main meal, a mate of mine is the catering manager at an academy. They do make everything from scratch and in large quantities, not something which is readily achievable in a small household.

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says "5m Brian Moore @brian... Every MP who claims you can get a nutritional meal for 30p should only be allowed to claim the same on their food expenses. × 35 194"

18 minutes ago, Mark J said:

They don't, they have 75p as a usual budget and that's for one main meal, a mate of mine is the catering manager at an academy. They do make everything from scratch and in large quantities, not something which is readily achievable in a small household.

That obviously includes the cost of the cooking staffs wages, pensions, cleaning, computers etc. the amount that goes on the food would most likely be under 30p

53 minutes ago, muttley9050 said:
5 hours ago, trigger_andy said:
That obviously includes the cost of the cooking staffs wages, pensions, cleaning, computers etc. the amount that goes on the food would most likely be under 30p

Why obviously? Could easily be 75p food budget too. More info needed to be sure.

The 75p per head is what they spend on food, the wages etc. are accounted for elsewhere.

On 12/05/2022 at 06:23, trigger_andy said:

That £2.02 includes the staff to cook it for them and deal with all the cleaning and all the logistics involved in shipping and transportation. Now I know the Dole Bums want everything handed to them on a plate but getting staff in to cook and clean for them on top is taking things to far.

Saying that these lazy buggers are now demanding lunches prepared and delivered to their doors for their spawn during the school holidays. It’s utter madness.

What ya got to back this up with?

I really don’t understand why people are against the free school meals……

I appreciate that some of the parents and their benefit claims are “questionable” but that does not mean their child should suffer? At the end of the day it means a hungry child gets fed. Take any politics, “parents should know better” out of the equation, it is literally that simple. And punishing a child because their parents don’t/can’t provide for them is very cruel. 

• Like 8