Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I had Cheesy Chips the other night as I just fancied it. £1 for a bag of pre-cut chips, cheap grated cheddar was £2 and bread for those that wanted a butty. Cheap cheerful food. £3.40 for 5. 68p each. I imagine it would have been half that had I bought potato’s and peeled and chipped them myself and felt the urge to grate my own cheese. Back to near on 30p a meal. 

Pasta and tomato sauce? I bet that comes in at under 25p a head. 

And how long would you like to live on a shit diet like that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

Feed them scraps from a 30 pence meal, get real. 

But a 30p meal is easily achievable. 

Why can’t these bums grow their own veg? Plenty scraps to be had here. 

Personally I buy veg and salads at 5p and under from tescos at the end of the day and throw them to the ducks and chickens. 

And yes, scraps from a 30p meal is also achievable, my kids eat about half what we put out for them. Nothing ever goes to waste. 

Well maybe today we wasted a bit. 🤣 I ate half my dinner here in Kos. 

6374B197-8374-40FC-9499-2D108C8CE5EE.jpeg

Chickens are pretty cheap to feed - a bag of pellets, little bit of corn supplemented with veg peelings, dandelion leaves, chickweed, grazing open grass, snails, spiders, insects and general foraging. 
But aside from that, whilst 30p for a meal isn’t easily achievable, with proper preparation and budgeting, people can eat well for a lot less than many do. The proliferation of home delivery of every item or takeaway under the sun, convenience foods, ready made this and that means a lot of people have never learned how to prep food from scratch. 

• Like 10

Just now, eggsarascal said:

And how long would you like to live on a shit diet like that?

It’s one meal out of a weeks worth of meals Eggs. One meal that I expect 90% of these dossers live in anyway. 

Next night Pasta and home made tomato sauce. 

Next night Dirty Rice. 

Next night Veg Stew. 

Next night more Pasta.

Weekend a treat of Chicken Drumsticks and tatties. 

Next day Chicken broth and bread. 

Uber cheap. Healthy. Within the dossers budget. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Uber cheap. Healthy. Within the dossers budget. 

This is where we disagree, not everyone who is struggling to afford decent food is a dosser. Everything from food, utilities and fuel is going up in price yet wages are stagnating. Serious question, how do people who can't up their income due to age/illness keep soaking up the cost of living?

12 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

This is where we disagree, not everyone who is struggling to afford decent food is a dosser. Everything from food, utilities and fuel is going up in price yet wages are stagnating. Serious question, how do people who can't up their income due to age/illness keep soaking up the cost of living?

By eating the way i suggest above.

by keeping Chickens.

By growing a veg plot/box

Bt turning the heating off and doubling up on clothing. 

By getting an education 

By getting a second or 3rd job. 

by cutting out booze and fags

by keeping their legs closed

countless ways really. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, rapalaman said:

Chickens are pretty cheap to feed - a bag of pellets, little bit of corn supplemented with veg peelings, dandelion leaves, chickweed, grazing open grass, snails, spiders, insects and general foraging. 
But aside from that, whilst 30p for a meal isn’t easily achievable, with proper preparation and budgeting, people can eat well for a lot less than many do. The proliferation of home delivery of every item or takeaway under the sun, convenience foods, ready made this and that means a lot of people have never learned how to prep food from scratch. 

Devils advocate, where do you keep these chickens when you live in a third story flat with no garden? I'm not doubting people can eat cheaply and still have a good diet, what I am doubting is it can't be achieved on 30 pence a day for very long. This isn't just my take on it, Tory backbenchers booed him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Devils advocate, where do you keep these chickens when you live in a third story flat with no garden? I'm not doubting people can eat cheaply and still have a good diet, what I am doubting is it can't be achieved on 30 pence a day for very long. This isn't just my take on it, Tory backbenchers booed him.

The lazy barstools that live in a 3rd story Flat with no garden deserve all that’s coming to then. Almost undoubtedly a life on the fiddle.  Enforced hard labour will soon shut them up. 

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

By eating the way i suggest above.

by keeping Chickens.

By growing a veg plot/box

Bt turning the heating off and doubling up on clothing. 

By getting an education 

By getting a second or 3rd job. 

by cutting out booze and fags

by keeping their legs closed

countless ways really. 

Did you read what I wrote? Explain in laymans terms how a pensioner or someone with a serious illness ups their income. Forget about the wasters, talk about those folk on a fixed income.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

The lazy barstools that live in a 3rd story Flat with no garden deserve all that’s coming to then. Almost undoubtedly a life on the fiddle.  Enforced hard labour will soon shut them up. 

Try not to talk like a prick for a change.

• Like 1