Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Proportional representation would make things seem like far less of a scam.

67% didn’t want AV in the 2011 referendum though....

Its a case of careful what you wish for since whilst AV / PR gives more choice and representation of smaller parties like the greens for example, it provides exactly the same opportunities for all ‘fringe’ parties....

UKIP, BNP, MRLP - all of ‘em.... 

Could get messy real quick?

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I won’t question your figures E55er, what you’re presenting as a UK wide calculation. 

See what happens when you re-do the figures for certain indicative local town, parish, county and borough areas and see where your water goes then 😂

In 2016, it was estimated that Birmingham had the largest Muslim population of any local authority in England and Wales at...

Yes, I skimmed over that earlier, foreigners all ways tend to stick together in certain areas. There's no if's and but's about that, but that also means there are areas like Cornwall and Suffolk that have very few foreigners, swings n roundabouts.

17 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Isn’t the South Asian population in the midlands largely due to the import of labour to manufacturing industries in the 60/70s?

Near enough, immigration from the Indian subcontinent started in the 50's, as you say, to fill the labour gap.

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Yes, I skimmed over that earlier, foreigners all ways tend to stick together in certain areas. There's no if's and but's about that, but that also means there are areas like Cornwall and Suffolk that have very few foreigners, swings n roundabouts.

I can assure you there are plenty of roundabouts in Cornwall !!    have you never been to Snozzel !!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, openspaceman said:

I don't remember those but I still have the petrol ration coupons for the MGB issued in anticipation around 1975.

Around '74 I think. Had mine for my BSA C15 apprentice transport. Happy days, during the summer, winters were bloody grim !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

67% didn’t want AV in the 2011 referendum though....

Its a case of careful what you wish for since whilst AV / PR gives more choice and representation of smaller parties like the greens for example, it provides exactly the same opportunities for all ‘fringe’ parties....

UKIP, BNP, MRLP - all of ‘em.... 

Could get messy real quick?

It could indeed get messy but at least it would be fair. 

50 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It could indeed get messy but at least it would be fair. 

I agree Mark.

Probably a lot like yourself, I don’t have a ‘place’ where I am completely happy to put my ✖️it’s more a case of having to chose the place I’m least unhappy with....

Never been very good at ‘compromise’ but there we are.  Labour & Tory have no vested interest in delivering AV / PR and the Lib Dums will likely never be in a position to demand it. 

So weme stuck with what we’ve got (until the Revolution! 😂)

• Like 2

The Growlergate  story 🤣

According to one MP who was part of the group, ‘she said, “I like to do my Sharon Stone trick. I cross and uncross my legs and give him a flash of my ginger growler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1