Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Nice;-

WWW.OPENDEMOCRACY.NET

Exclusive: Analysis of most recent accounts shows huge profits as customers face soaring energy bills

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Former Conservative energy secretary joins Centrica board as non-executive director

12 minutes ago, Ben Pinnick said:

Computers that can program themselves. Nothing. Nothing at all....

240088311_Screenshot2022-02-04at12_00_25.thumb.png.4ac6331678b61cb51b9f092c6395d2e6.png

I like to think that AI will think nothing of us, in much the same way that we pay little attention to warring monkeys. 

"Sarah Connor?".

Or, the second we're plugged into Neurolink, they'll switch us off. If they haven't already done so...

Where's the tinfoil?

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

I like to think that AI will think nothing of us, in much the same way that we pay little attention to warring monkeys. 

"Sarah Connor?".

Or, the second we're plugged into Neurolink, they'll switch us off. If they haven't already done so...

Where's the tinfoil?

Tin foil is in rather short supply at the moment. There's been a spike in demand over the last two years ..............
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mark J said:

May be an image of text that says "ESIeDE eDE EDF Energy France to force EDF to take €8.4bn hit with energy bill cap Company loses fifth of market value after French government sets out plan to protect households Jillian Ambrose Fri 14 Jan 2022 13.42 GMT f The French government will force EDF, the state energy giant, to take an €8 €8.4bn (£7bn) financial hit to protect households from rocketing energy costs by limiting bill hikes to 4% this year."

Ha there you go, nice to be right once in a while 😂

I was chatting with a friend the other day about similar, and I was arguing in favour of at least some level of state ownership, and he said 'Yeah but when everything was state owned it was all terrible.' My response was, 'Its still terrible, it's just not cheap any more'.

Case in point I guess.