Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I honestly see no difference between rats or foxes as prey animals, but I do not buy into the nonsense that hunting with hounds is the most effective or efficient way to kill foxes, which would be lamping with a rifle. Also large numbers of horses plundering about through the countryside has its drawbacks, it always did, but back when the Gentry mostly owned the countryside and were also the RM etc, it was "different". Times have changed.

It's been banned since 2004.. now I don't know really about the rest of the country but I know my local hunt has no terriers , they are nearly all working class hill farmers who meet up because they have been great horsemen for generations and it's a good day out for them to meet up with friends , no toff vile sadistic killers there just some of the nicest genuine people I have come across.. the only people who object are folk like my partners ex boss whos mental ness I could write a book about..Now I can appreciate there is some ville utter bell ends involved in the sport , the hunts master local to me when I lived down south knocked me for 1k on the first job I did self employed and didn't pay up until my local pub said they would not serve him until he did ....he then took me for a ride in his plane and then started on how people like me should be working for £100 a day.. some thing about the bloke was just not wired right despite being a brain surgeon too.
I'm not sure how such a bell end ended up in charge though, Shame as I think it was handed to him by my land lord at the time who had been an admiral who was a great guy who did a lot to make sure young people got houses in an area that was getting unaffordable due to London incomers and helped me a lot in my business too.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Labour re-shuffle....

What a bunch of no-marks and non descripts :

Sir Keir Starmer makes big changes to his shadow cabinet, for the second time as Labour leader.

They are a shower, a bit like this lot who are in charge now.

I honestly see no difference between rats or foxes as prey animals, but I do not buy into the nonsense that hunting with hounds is the most effective or efficient way to kill foxes, which would be lamping with a rifle. Also large numbers of horses plundering about through the countryside has its drawbacks, it always did, but back when the Gentry mostly owned the countryside and were also the RM etc, it was "different". Times have changed.

I wholly agree lamping with a rifle IS the most effective/efficient way to kill foxes…. But a rifle doesn’t discriminate between a healthy or sick lame weary animal.
I reiterate my comment….the ban has done very little for the welfare of foxes!
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Yep, I don't think I could name a single Labour politician any more and now that I think of it tbo the same applies to the SNP up here. apart from the Kranky cnut of course.

I wonder if this disconnect from politics in general that I have due to a lifetime of listening to their shite and observing their corruption, stupidity and pocket lining is also common enough in other folk globally. and to a large extent this absence of oversight has led to the ability of these halfwits  to rise up into positions of power that they don't deserve making decisions that we're unaware of but that affect us all... or perhaps this has always been the case particularly, when you look back into human history ! 

And it seems now that the upshot of this intellectual dearth and the absence of morals in favour of greed and personal agenda's in politics has allowed big tech / pharma to a position where they now have the technical ability and power to enable them to pounce on the whole of humanity completely unchecked..  only my opinion, most will probably disagree.

Well said.

• Like 1

Time to move on from the so called "tradition" of hunting. Has no place in society and should be consigned to the history books. Nothing to do with pest control, never has been and never will be. Taking out the sick and injured, what a joke, no sport in that! Nice big healthy stag that will run for hours, that's the target. Watching the followers and the quad and motorbike mounted riders when they can sense a kill, is such intense blood lust that it's quite scary. Animal abuse, pure and simple.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, woodwizzard said:

Time to move on from the so called "tradition" of hunting. Has no place in society and should be consigned to the history books. Nothing to do with pest control, never has been and never will be. Taking out the sick and injured, what a joke, no sport in that! Nice big healthy stag that will run for hours, that's the target. Watching the followers and the quad and motorbike mounted riders when they can sense a kill, is such intense blood lust that it's quite scary. Animal abuse, pure and simple.

I take it you are against hunting then?

Are you a vegetarian or vegan, do you eat meat?

• Like 3

On 28/11/2021 at 09:50, muttley9050 said:
On 27/11/2021 at 22:42, MattyF said:

1,Yep of the highest order , look at you .. You ooze utter babe in every post you make with your I've got an MBE every one else is inferior..
2, I'll tell you what son I'll ****************ing ram your teeth so far down your throat if I have the chance to meet you now you have brought that into it..
3, yes so what that's what all us cap doffing lower class scum do...

****************ing hilarious ... utter prick

Read more  

Nice pleasant post from what I'm guessing is a nice pleasant man.

I got to know Matt pretty well over the years when we were living in villages a couple of miles apart and he is indeed a decent bloke...sure he doesn't suffer fools gladly but is one of the few to bung a few extra ££ on the bill if I had gone the extra mile to get his kit working...that says a bit in my book!

It is easy to think you know someone on this forum and get the wrong impression without meeting them face to face!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1