Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Yet my father always said the hounds on the fox was one of the most efficient ways to despatch the fox.

I'd have thought that a head shot right between the eyes would be considerably more humane, should the dastardly deed need done, than being ripped apart by dogs.

That having been said, I've been asked both for permission for a hunt to go through and permission to go after foxes with rifles and refused them both.

We don't let lambs out at night in the spring until they're able enough to fend for themselves, and the chickens are closed in every night anyway so we do our best to co-exist with them rather than kill them.

Edited by coppice cutter
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Well I don’t know about anyone else, but seeing men who are ready to tear each other’s throats out over the honour of a woman squaring up to each other and calling each other ‘babe’ is exactly what I was hoping for when the new swear filter was introduced!

It reminded me of this!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

I'd have thought that a head shot right between the eyes would be considerably more humane, should the dastardly deed need done, than being ripped apart by dogs.

I am sure it does if the shot placement is perfect.  However, most conscientious hunters don't go for a head shot as there is more chance of error or a jaw shot which would stop the fox from eating and starving to death.

What is more humane, a swift bite to the neck and guaranteed death or a slow death due to not being able to feed?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

calling each other ‘babe’

Please define "babe", being an elderly grandfather I have been quite surprised at having both the competent, hardworking and attractive young ladies on the gang I occasionally work with calling me such on separate occasions now and it perplexes me.

BTW @MattyF I identify myself as like you and your wife and was so disappointed you let the baiters get up your nose, count to ten and hit the ignore button in future.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Please define "babe", being an elderly grandfather I have been quite surprised at having both the competent, hardworking and attractive young ladies on the gang I occasionally work with calling me such on separate occasions now and it perplexes me.

BTW @MattyF I identify myself as like you and your wife and was so disappointed you let the baiters get up your nose, count to ten and hit the ignore button in future.

A certain unsavoury word was replaced in the swear filter by the word ‘babe’

In the example you describe, I think the girls you mention think you are a ‘sexy MoFo’

• Haha 3

From my deerstalking training unless you had a clear shot to the heart area within your capabilities you didn't take the shot. Sadly with the hounds it's not a swift bite to the neck it's more often chased to exhaustion then ripped apart by the pack. Never shot a deer yet but that's another story.
I suffer in having the Oakley Hunt as immediate neighbours and see regularly atvs with terrier boxes on the back along with shovels etc following the hunt. So if you're trail hunting why do you need terriermen? No one from the hunt will answer that one. Also I watch them laying a trail with the atv, shame it's following the hunt not leading it! Google Mark Hankinson and the infamous 'smokescreen' video, he was charged and found guilty.
I am not anti hunt but have suffered from multiple trespass, verbal abuse and physical threats over many years and this continues every hunt season. I do not allow sabs in my wood either, I'm not going to be the battleground for both sides to fight on.
And I was from a council estate and scrimped and scraped to afford my woodland.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, petercb said:

So if you're trail hunting why do you need terriermen? No one from the hunt will answer that one.

Funny you should say that. I have asked the question. Apparently, the "terriers like a day out".  As you say, this swift nip to the neck that gets banded about, what a load of bollox! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daveatdave said:

this photo just about sums up the miss information that the antis peddle

Screenshot_2021-11-28-23-10-15.png

Such irrefutable and compelling evidence to discredit those that find hunting abhorrent whilst presenting a credible case for the continuation of animal cruelty in the name of recreation....

I was blind, but now I see....

Glad that’s all sorted 😂

• Like 1