Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1,Yep of the highest order , look at you .. You ooze utter babe in every post you make with your I've got an MBE every one else is inferior..
2, I'll tell you what son I'll ****************ing ram your teeth so far down your throat if I have the chance to meet you now you have brought that into it..
3, yes so what that's what all us cap doffing lower class scum do...

****************ing hilarious ... utter prick

Hey come on Matty, there is nothing there, said or implied, to merit that response.
These subjects are always emotive but let’s keep the posts civil. If ur not hp about something either pm or speak to a mod.[emoji106][emoji106]
Im guessing few [emoji482][emoji16]
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Big J said:

I understand why you organise the shoot and enjoy it. I've eaten plenty of pheasant and have worked for shooting estates in the past in a forestry capacity. May I make a few general observations though?

Firstly, from a forestry perspective, pheasant shoots are a nightmare. The infrastructure (pens) left in the woods puts metalwork everywhere, which compromises the value of the crop and makes harvesting awkward and unpleasant.

Secondly, there is evidence to suggest that pheasant shoots support larger grey squirrel populations. Taken from Shootinguk.co.uk:

"The possible link between the decline of woodland song birds and grey squirrel predation is now the subject of Game Conservancy research, particularly as it has been suggested woodlands where pheasants are fed may hold higher stocks of grey squirrels due to the abundance of food"

Thirdly, from an aesthetic point of view, pheasant holding woodlands are hideous. The combination of the pens, unsympathetic woodland management (ie managed for the shoot as opposed to species diversity of timber quality) and profusion of idiot pheasants and scrounging grey squirrels just ruins any enjoyment anyone might derive from the place.

I'm entirely supportive of rough shooting to control pest species (such as grey squirrels). Why is there a need to go to all the effort and destruction of a driven pheasant shoot. 

There is also the environmental impact of releasing 57 million non-native birds into our countryside each year....

I agree with that analysis.

I also have deep misgivings about nurturing livestock for the pleasure of hunting it to death/blasting it out of the sky. 

I have the same misgivings about restocking fishing waters for paid anglers, or the catch and release policy, which must amount to repeated torture.

I also loathe and detest the provactive and carefully filmed and edited antics of the hunt sabs.

Most of these activities are driven by too many humans and not enough nature, simply because of too many humans.

Edit:

Perhaps odd(but not really having been very distressed at seeing a working abbotier as a 14-15 year old), that as a livestock farmers son, I applaud the recent developments in culturing or growing viable meat substitutes in factories.

Perhaps then there will not be such a reliance on factory produced pork and chicken, where the poor birds are referred to as "crops" and treated as such. Also the conundrum of the intelligence of pigs, and pigs being seen merely as a foodstuff by most, while at the same time most would be abhorred at eating dogmeat, with dogs being of similar intelligence to pigs.

Grass fed cattle or sheep, at least get some life, prior to their slaughter, and if grazing marginal uncultivable grasslands or rocky/boggy mountain pastures, a win win on all counts.

Marcus.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

I agree with that analysis.

I also have deep misgivings about nurturing livestock for the pleasure of hunting it to death/blasting it out of the sky. 

I have the same misgivings about restocking fishing waters for paid anglers, or the catch and release policy, which must amount to repeated torture.

I also loathe and detest the provactive and carefully filmed and edited antics of the hunt sabs.

Most of these activities are driven by too many humans and not enough nature, simply because of too many humans.

I see where your coming from here. I feel if I where to take the stance of being against raising beasts and birds for the pleasure of blasting them outta the sky or shooting them then Id have to become a vegetarian. That is if they're being eaten after of course. I think being raised in the wild, or as close to the wild as possible then cleanly dispatched is a far better life than on a farm and then killed to Halal standards. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DanHorrich87 said:

So, I was contrasting rural against your obvious middle class urban values and you suppose my definition for rural is causing suffering to animals? I can see why others bailed out on this. Haha.

Your assumptions are yet again wrong. Im born and raised in the country. I still live in the Country in an old Farm House. I was raised as one of four siblings in a council house/flat by my Mother. We grew up for the most part with virtually nothing. 

11 hours ago, DanHorrich87 said:

You're obviously well paid for it.

That I am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MattyF said:

1,Yep of the highest order , look at you .. You ooze utter babe in every post you make with your I've got an MBE every one else is inferior..
2, I'll tell you what son I'll ****************ing ram your teeth so far down your throat if I have the chance to meet you now you have brought that into it..

Cretinous cnut.  

I’d be genuinely pleased to provide you the opportunity. 

• Like 1

Cretinous cnut.  

I’d be genuinely pleased to provide you the opportunity. 

[emoji38][emoji106]
You would proper smash me hey Kev especially being the superior being and big man.
But that would be fun wouldn't it .. bit of bloke on bloke action then we could hit the all male Bodmin brothel if your not to tired after or do you only go at people over social media as your internet history for bullying women and having to resign from positions would dictate??

24 minutes ago, MattyF said:

emoji38.pngemoji106.png
You would proper smash me hey Kev especially being the superior being and big man.
But that would be fun wouldn't it .. bit of bloke on bloke action then we could hit the all male Bodmin brothel if your not to tired after or do you only go at people over social media as your internet history for bullying women and having to resign from positions would dictate??

Keep it up boy....  

29 minutes ago, MattyF said:

emoji38.pngemoji106.png

Im curious if its when you go over 10,000 posts you're allowed to abuse people and use the language you're using with impunity? Whenever I do I get slapped with a 7 day ban. I only ask as Im now at 8000 posts so not long until I enjoy the same level of double standards you seem to enjoy. 

• Haha 1

Nice pleasant post from what I'm guessing is a nice pleasant man.
  • Like 1