Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

If that’s the best what if scenario you can come up with bud your better off quitting digging now. I don’t work with women as a rule but regards the blokes most hold the same  views as me and the majority  of right minded half sensible people. You are born male  or female you can not change that. Gender reassignment is nothing more than a surgical procedure it does not make a man into a woman or a woman into a man except in the twisted deluded minds of fools. 

Ok, I'll try one more "what if scenario" and see if you'll give a straight answer...

If a good friend of yours had a son, who for example at the age of 12 made it clear that they wanted to "present" as a girl and be regarded as such by everybody and the family respected this wish, accepted the name change, their choice of clothing etc.

Would you be willing to refer to them as she, use their chosen name etc, or would you refuse to do so, sticking to your principles and beliefs and insist on calling them a boy, using their original male given name etc, even though their family asked you to follow the child's wishes?  

Just now, Youngstu said:

Ok, I'll try one more "what if scenario" and see if you'll give a straight answer...

If a good friend of yours had a son, who for example at the age of 12 made it clear that they wanted to "present" as a girl and be regarded as such by everybody and the family respected this wish, accepted the name change, their choice of clothing etc.

Would you be willing to refer to them as she, use their chosen name etc, or would you refuse to do so, sticking to your principles and beliefs and insist on calling them a boy, using their original male given name etc, even though their family asked you to follow the child's wishes?  

At 12 they are in my opinion too young to make that life long decision. If his names Jack I’ve no intentions of calling him Jill. Hope that’s straight enough an answer for you. Quite frankly I doubt very much that it’s even a remotely plausible scenario in the overwhelming majority of people’s lives. I’m happy to give a straight answer to any question bud, but don’t try and create a variety of  scenarios to justify a point of view. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Shades of grey my friends…
I’ve lived and worked in Brighton for years… worked with transgenders.
They mostly just want to be accepted not vilified.
IMG_1631908078.292718.jpg

They can be what they want Saul I just don’t think it’s down to the NHS to be encouraging or paying for it in children. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

Or, as Johnsond has expressed how professional and tolerant he is in the workplace, I wondered how he would behave in such a situation in his professional capacity, even though he holds such strong views on the subject in question (that he brought to this thread!).

Like it or not, this is something that has to be dealt with at the current time and I'm curious how someone holding such strong views would keep them in check when in the workplace in order that they don't end up coming up against discrimination allegations etc.

It's not a subject that I find easy to understand or deal with either, but having seen friends have to deal with children in this situation and being aware of the massive mental health impacts on those young people, I appreciate that it is something that needs to be understood/accepted/tolerated by those around them,  one way or another. 

I do hold strong views on it whenever use of NHS money is being promoted and used to as the article describes potentially ruin children’s lives. I’ll ask you a question did you know what you truly wanted to be or do before in this case puberty ???. 
So as you are one of the follow the science advocates on here for the past 18 months can you tell me that a male can be a female or a female a male after a surgical procedure ??. 

• Haha 1

I believe in live and let live. If a Male wants to go through gender reassignment or Visa versa, or a person is openly gay, then fine so what ? If that person is ok with me then I'm ok with them. What I don't want is their views rammed down my throat or the NHS to pay for it. It's a personal choice, you want to gender reassign, fine, no problem, but you fund it yourself. Your still the same person, and I'll still be right with you, but just don't ram your ideals down my throat.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I do hold strong views on it whenever use of NHS money is being promoted and used to as the article describes potentially ruin children’s lives. I’ll ask you a question did you know what you truly wanted to be or do before in this case puberty ???. 
So as you are one of the follow the science advocates on here for the past 18 months can you tell me that a male can be a female or a female a male after a surgical procedure ??. 

With regards yo the use of NHS funds, it's a difficult one and a case of weighing up the pros and cons of carrying out procedures. Do you take account of a child's strongly beld feelings and "beliefs" about how they feel, or dismiss them and tell the child that they're too young to know what they think or feel. From what I understand the decisions aren't made lightly or quickly and certainly shouldn't be as highlighted in the case currently in the news, but in pre-pubescent children there is an understandable reason for using those drugs sooner rather than later. If that child's wishes are denied and their feelings/beliefs continue, the cost to the NHS etc as a consequence of subsequent mental health issues could be much higher. Obviously they may change their mind in some cases, but they may well continue to hold the same feelings. 

Regarding the whole science thing, a male child with X and Y chromosomes will always have those chromosomes, will never be able to have a womb and will never be able to get pregnant. So I suppose you could say they will never be genetically female. However they may wish to be regarded and treated as a woman. Is that last big wrong and should her wishes as such be respected? 

1 minute ago, Youngstu said:

With regards yo the use of NHS funds, it's a difficult one and a case of weighing up the pros and cons of carrying out procedures. Do you take account of a child's strongly beld feelings and "beliefs" about how they feel, or dismiss them and tell the child that they're too young to know what they think or feel. From what I understand the decisions aren't made lightly or quickly and certainly shouldn't be as highlighted in the case currently in the news, but in pre-pubescent children there is an understandable reason for using those drugs sooner rather than later. If that child's wishes are denied and their feelings/beliefs continue, the cost to the NHS etc as a consequence of subsequent mental health issues could be much higher. Obviously they may change their mind in some cases, but they may well continue to hold the same feelings. 

Regarding the whole science thing, a male child with X and Y chromosomes will always have those chromosomes, will never be able to have a womb and will never be able to get pregnant. So I suppose you could say they will never be genetically female. However they may wish to be regarded and treated as a woman. Is that last big wrong and should her wishes as such be respected? 

Thing is Stu with woke fruitcakes like yourself enough is never enough, I find it had to disagree with any of HBDs post. I’ve no gripes with gay individuals or indeed if you actually  want to wear a dress or are in fact a woman called Stu. But NHS funding this madness 🤷‍♂️ It’s just insane. Myself yes I’d love a full head of hair and to look like Brad Pitt but alas that’s not the cards I’ve been dealt. Should I go to NHS and say I’ve mental health problems and need a few procedures and a hair transplant 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️Some may do and I think that’s as wrong as what we are describing here. Deal with what life has dealt you how I was brought up. NHS is not a bottomless pit of money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My take on this is that is simply not right to allow anyone to decide so young that they need gender "reassignment", what will they want to be in another couple of years?

When they change their minnds, and Vicky yes but no but yes but no Pollard springs to mind

Never mind some of the fruitcake "parents" encouraging such nonsense.

And the nutcases running some of the "enabling" charities.

Both aided and abetted by the newspapers and TV, with the oxygen of publicty.

And tought-not-sorry but the "if you dont do what I want I will kill myself" manipulation is fornicating the system up for the few with genuine problems.

aka "the boy who cried wolf".

etc

etc

etc

the NHS is truely fornicating fornicated.

P.S.

The wife was just telling me about some young female athelete who damaged an ankle beyond repair, rendering her uncompetetive, she wanted the NHS to amputate the still servicable limb, and fit a blade or prosthetic, so that she could compete(and win) in the Paraolympics!

F.F.S!

Thank God they refused.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1