Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yeah, for sure, that’s ‘one’ way of interpreting it Egger 🤪

Another might be - through fundamental freedom of choice, some people that happen to acknowledge or even agree that the job that person does represents a reflection of their own views which are suppressed elsewhere - whether in part or whole - and they are happy to demonstrate their agreement through entirely voluntary cash contribution. 

Oddly, it is exactly this degree of freedom of choice which is demonstrated the length & breadth of the country through procurement of a FC season ticket, through subscription or purchase of  any specific newspaper, through subscription to any political party, it’s even evident as low down the daily spectrum as which brand of bread or beer we buy and the pubs, clubs, restaurants and take-aways we choose to patronise. 

We don’t buy or want what we don’t like and nobody can make us - just one of the fundamental freedoms we enjoy. Another is that anyone that does like what we don’t is free to indulge if they choose to. 

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it (not like I think I need to say that to you BTW) but there are those that think they have some sort of right to tell others what they should or shouldn’t subscribe to. 

They can FRO as far as I’m concerned. 

Are you drunk?

• Haha 1

Just now, Toad said:

I do wonder if some of Yaxley-Lennon's supporters will be less pleased that they aren't funding an ideological fight that they subscribe to, but have been paying for him to enjoy large volumes of cocaine and hookers?

Well he certainly deserves to have a bit of fun now and again

Id throw him £20 if he said he needed a hooker and blow fund and Ive never even considered sending him money previously, only if he sends me a titty pic of course

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Well he certainly deserves to have a bit of fun now and again

Id throw him £20 if he said he needed a hooker and blow fund and Ive never even considered sending him money previously, only if he sends me a titty pic of course

Been a long, hot week Andy. I'd appreciate a donation to my fund please, will definitely send you a pic in return

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Toad said:

I do wonder if some of Yaxley-Lennon's supporters will be less pleased that they aren't funding an ideological fight that they subscribe to, but have been paying for him to enjoy large volumes of cocaine and hookers?

And that differs to anyone in the political sphere how exactly?

Im sure they all do it out of altruism and public service 😂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

Does this seem credible: 

May be an image of text

I've always thought it a terrible job, sat at the wheel for hours getting little exercise, not great pay either (although being on gritter standby seems a good number).  My guess would be there's a high turnover of new drivers and there are no tests being done for new drivers to replace them as well as above.

• Like 1