Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, Mark J said:

They should be in jail.
But, they're not the ones who have been in charge through all this. It's all well and good pointing out the bad guys from times gone by but we're living in the present.
Even though you did vote for the current government, it's still alright to admit that they're a bunch of shitehawks.

I dunno - I think it is very relevant to point out the bad guys from the past. The 'game' as I see it is the past gets forgotten and downgraded as we roll on into the next real time crisis. And this system then gets repeated.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Big J said:

The "pingdemic" continues to affect schools and families with nearly 25% absent as the term ends.

This is ridiculous. I know that there is only a week left of term, but they honestly need to sort this out before school resumes in September. It's not only the disruption to the education, but to the working lives of the parents too.

It's not only schools - businesses as well. We have x2 off work due to a linked member of the household with a positive lateral flow test [no symptoms]. So x10 days self isolation for both.

Your business can be switched off as easily as that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob D said:

It's not only schools - businesses as well. We have x2 off work due to a linked member of the household with a positive lateral flow test [no symptoms]. So x10 days self isolation for both.

Your business can be switched off as easily as that.

But it’s all for the greater good Rob….😉

• Like 1

I would still think the worst of Cummings if he was behind Corbyn and Starmer! 

I do think that the toady Alistair and President Blair are another shameful pair with dubious ethics, morals and scruples who lied to the voters to get their way.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PeteB said:

I do think that the toady Alistair and President Blair are another shameful pair with dubious ethics, morals and scruples who lied to the voters to get their way.....

Blair set him self up to make himself a millionaire on the American circuit before he jumped  ship  cummings is trying to do the same  and don't forget all MPs get a pension if they loose there seat  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PeteB said:

What do you think we should do about it?

I wholeheartedly agree that Blair et Campbell etc should be pulled for their actions. But, I do think that it would be better to deal with the incumbent criminals before we deal with the historical ones.
To me it makes more sense to focus on what is happening now. Luckily Thatcher's dead so we don't need to worry about that anymore.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sime42 said:

A good start would be to open a proper, independent enquiry now, into the massive failings of the current government over the last 18 months. Now, not in 2 years time when they've all buggered off.

Yep but I always wonder who would fund any proper independent inquiry. All the people who have the money/decision making authority - it's usually against them so where is the incentive?

PETITION.PARLIAMENT.UK

There should be a public inquiry into Government contracts granted during Covid-19. Many contracts have been granted...

Something here but the response looks like usual political nonsense... 'vital we have robust processes in place' 'x number of covid tests achieved' 'working under very difficult conditions' blah blah no detailed info blah 'gov - I'm not quoting here but summing up..

'The Government is committed to adopting and encouraging greater transparency in its commercial activity. There are existing rigorous central controls in place to challenge spend robustly and to ensure that the actions of Government contracting authorities are open, fair and transparent.'

Above is a quote and you get the drift....

They are prob on commission for adding the words 'Robust' and 'Transparent' as many times as possible - utter dribble!

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree that Blair et Campbell etc should be pulled for their actions. But, I do think that it would be better to deal with the incumbent criminals before we deal with the historical ones.
To me it makes more sense to focus on what is happening now. Luckily Thatcher's dead so we don't need to worry about that anymore.

So what did Maggie do that was criminal then?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mark J said:

... Only until i see that wooden stake go in 😉 K