Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

35 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Complaining about acerbic post content in a post full of - you guessed it - acerbic content. 

Personally, I don’t mind such content either way,  I’ve always preferred people to say what they mean and mean what they say. 

Bonus though if they are also able to acknowledge and accept that others may think / feel / speak differently. 

What really highlights a W️ though - purely my own interpretation - is someone that’s gets all pissy about something whilst simultaneously doing that which they are getting pissy about. 

The thing is the person in question says what he means in a very underhanded way but then denies it and tries to make people look stupid. I think most of us have seen though him and as already mentioned the ignore option is the best option. 

• Like 4

Just now, sime42 said:

I must be missing something. Where was all the acerbic content?

I didn't see a single instance of acerbic content, let alone a post full it. Unless you're talking about the use of the word Troll, but that's hardly unwarranted, considering the individual being discussed; our best friend Tiny Tigger. Have you ever actually read any of his posts? They make the one you're getting a bit pissy about seem like a glowing endorsement! The concepts of acknowledgment and acceptance of others differences are alien concepts to him.

Just my personal interpretation.

Im loving all this attention. Quite flattering really. My own wee following. 

Anyway, Im more than happy to hear others opinions, you and the other select few in your coven seem completely unwilling to listen to anything other that what you wish to believe. I quite happily accept others will have a differing opinion than me. Yet this is a sub-forum for debate, so we're allowed robust discussions on opinions that differ from our own.  Yet all Ive seen the last few days is you and the other usual suspects going absolutely bananas for the views I hold on subjects like Covid. How very accepting of you. A select few  have openly voiced what an idiot I am for holding the views on Covid and the Vaccines (words to that effect) but thats ok in your eyes as it aligns with your own POV. Take a look back at some of the posts directed my way in the Covid thread. Where I to have written in such a way Id be instantly banned. Yet you and the other of the famous five seem to feel such personal attacks is justified. Two wrongs dont make a right, open hostility should be treated as such regardless who its from.  

This new line of reasoning from Stu is quite disingenuous. Creating a strawman that I was attacking mental illness? I never did. I'll openly condemn Junkies and pissheads though, and thats my prerogative. As you say, we should all accept other peoples opinions, thats mine, please accept it. To have him doggedly attack me repeatedly for something he believes Ive done, yet Ive refuted it is another form of abuse. 

Water off a ducks back to me really. Yet Im now in a position of fending off a few cranks with one hand behind my back for where I to respond in a like manor Id get the book thrown at me. Which I believe is the goading's real aim. Having left you and the others to your abusive posts in the Covid Vaccine thread you and the other usual suspects have jumped on the back of Stu's misguided crusade to carry on where you left off in a completely different thread. 

So please, carry on with your abusive righteous indignation where you clearly thing the end justifies the means but its beyond laughable that you do not see the rank hypocrisy here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Im loving all this attention. Quite flattering really. My own wee following. 

Anyway, Im more than happy to hear others opinions, you and the other select few in your coven seem completely unwilling to listen to anything other that what you wish to believe. I quite happily accept others will have a differing opinion than me. Yet this is a sub-forum for debate, so we're allowed robust discussions on opinions that differ from our own.  Yet all Ive seen the last few days is you and the other usual suspects going absolutely bananas for the views I hold on subjects like Covid. How very accepting of you. A select few  have openly voiced what an idiot I am for holding the views on Covid and the Vaccines (words to that effect) but thats ok in your eyes as it aligns with your own POV. Take a look back at some of the posts directed my way in the Covid thread. Where I to have written in such a way Id be instantly banned. Yet you and the other of the famous five seem to feel such personal attacks is justified. Two wrongs dont make a right, open hostility should be treated as such regardless who its from.  

This new line of reasoning from Stu is quite disingenuous. Creating a strawman that I was attacking mental illness? I never did. I'll openly condemn Junkies and pissheads though, and thats my prerogative. As you say, we should all accept other peoples opinions, thats mine, please accept it. To have him doggedly attack me repeatedly for something he believes Ive done, yet Ive refuted it is another form of abuse. 

Water off a ducks back to me really. Yet Im now in a position of fending off a few cranks with one hand behind my back for where I to respond in a like manor Id get the book thrown at me. Which I believe is the goading's real aim. Having left you and the others to your abusive posts in the Covid Vaccine thread you and the other usual suspects have jumped on the back of Stu's misguided crusade to carry on where you left off in a completely different thread. 

So please, carry on with your abusive righteous indignation where you clearly thing the end justifies the means but its beyond laughable that you do not see the rank hypocrisy here. 

12 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:
Complaining about acerbic post content in a post full of - you guessed it - acerbic content. 

Personally, I don’t mind such content either way,  I’ve always preferred people to say what they mean and mean what they say. 

Bonus though if they are also able to acknowledge and accept that others may think / feel / speak differently. 

What really highlights a W[emoji572]️ though - purely my own interpretation - is someone that’s gets all pissy about something whilst simultaneously doing that which they are getting pissy about. 

I think that is unfair tbh. I should imagine others reacted like I did. Originally ignoring his jabs, then politely pointing out that there was no need to reply in his manner as it is just banter and people’s opinions then just calling him out and then in my case ignoring him.

I see his last post is a classic. like a 2 year old denying he had pinched the chocolate while his mouth and clothes are covered in the stuff

Edited by Tippin Alaybye
  • Like 4

In fact classic bullying / evasive / attention seeking behaviour , spending inordinate amounts of time simply rebuking everything - when constructive , or at least amusing behaviour would help him fit in better . No room in my cab , K

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Schadenfreude is a complex emotion where, rather than feeling sympathy, one takes pleasure from watching someone's misfortune. This emotion is displayed more in children than adults. However, adults also experience schadenfreude, although generally they conceal it.
Wikipedia

Seriously bud anyone reading these posts might take a slightly different view of it than you imagine. Yeah I know andy and yeah I’ve dealt with him in person face to face so I’m more than capable of making my own judgment but quite frankly there’s a bunch of you on here whom are bordering on obsession when it comes to his views or posts, annoying as it seems to be to you all,  people are entitled to an opinion, practice what you preach hit the ignore button, the weather is nice ditch the mask 😷 bollocks to restrictions and go out and enjoy yourselves for Christ sake. 
I’m pretty sure looking at the data and how far covid is down the causes of death in the UK you will all be safe. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Making the news today”......Andy has upset a couple of folk!

Really?

Slow news day surely.[emoji849]
That would be a slow news day for sure, it's an hourly occurance most days.

What actually is big news though is that poor wee Andy feels really upset because a few more than just a couple of folk have called him out for what he is.
  • Like 1