Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Just now, Youngstu said:

So you were making a deliberately vicious comment directed towards another member of the forum and their family then,  without any real provocation!

Just as I thought.

Again no. :) 

I was highlighting a list of benefits brexit has brought or could bring us. If one of the glaringly obvious reasons a price increase somehow touched on a yet nameless member it was purely accidental. :) 

The fact that this type of establishment is filled on a daily basis with the types of people I’ve highlighted is hardly unknown. 

I think you’re adding two and two together here and getting five. You’re letting personal views of me get in the way of a logical debate. ;) 

• Like 2

I do believe he gets sexually aroused by insulting people. he is on my ignore button but I do see  other's quoting  him.

thankfully my kids were raised in the country, all in late 20s now and cannabis was never an issue. my 2 brothers' kids were raised in the suburbs in Nottingham where apparently, teenagers doing spliff was the norm and they succumbed to schizophrenia, one nearly taking his life and is now in long term care.

if he calls these kids junkies i wonder what he calls other drug users.

7 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

I do believe he gets sexually aroused by insulting people. he is on my ignore button but I do see  other's quoting  him.

thankfully my kids were raised in the country, all in late 20s now and cannabis was never an issue. my 2 brothers' kids were raised in the suburbs in Nottingham where apparently, teenagers doing spliff was the norm and they succumbed to schizophrenia, one nearly taking his life and is now in long term care.

if he calls these kids junkies and wonder what he calls other drug users.

Definitely a good plan with making that decision regarding the troll. I don't really see why he hasn't received a permanent ban for his persistent abuse directed towards other members of the forum. It would certainly be a much nicer place without the abuse and belittling comments that come from his direction. Undoubtedly he can make constructive contributions in several areas of the forum, but can't help himself from showing his true colours on a regular basis.

Despite mental health awareness being greatly improved in recent years and their being a greater degree of acceptance and reduced stigmatisation of those who have mental health conditions, there are still plenty around who see no issue with throwing insults at those who are suffering with things that they don't have any understanding of. 

Through one aspect of my work I've come across several people in a similar situation to your nephew and it is heartbreaking for all of those around them to have them succumb to such a serious lifelong condition. Unfortunately due to the prevalence of home produced high strength cannabis strains, compared to what was in regular use 20+ years ago, this problem seems to be increasing greatly, as these highly psychoactive strains are being accessed by users from a young age when they are potentially most vulnerable to the negative effects.  

Despite having it pointed out to him previously by several, he seems unwilling to see that issues around excessive drug and alcohol use are far more complicated than people just being pissheads or junkies. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

The justification for the personal data intrusion is to enhance medical research and improve...

Totally unjustified, and finally seeing some publicity.

"

Opting out

If you don’t want your identifiable patient data to be shared for purposes except for your own care, you can opt-out by registering a Type 1 Opt-out or a National Data Opt-out, or both. These opt-outs are different and they are explained in more detail below. Your individual care will not be affected if you opt-out using either option.

Type 1 Opt-out (opting out of NHS Digital collecting your data)

We will not collect data from GP practices about patients who have registered a Type 1 Opt-out with their practice. More information about Type 1 Opt-outs is in our GP Data for Planning and Research Transparency Notice, including a form that you can complete and send to your GP practice.

This collection will start on 1 July 2021 so if you do not want your data to be shared with NHS Digital please register your Type 1 Opt-out with your GP practice by 23 June 2021."

WWW.NHS.UK

Make a choice by phone, email or post if data from your health records is used for research and planning. You...

18 minutes ago, Mark J said:

"

Opting out

If you don’t want your identifiable patient data to be shared for purposes except for your own care, you can opt-out by registering a Type 1 Opt-out or a National Data Opt-out, or both. These opt-outs are different and they are explained in more detail below. Your individual care will not be affected if you opt-out using either option.

Type 1 Opt-out (opting out of NHS Digital collecting your data)

We will not collect data from GP practices about patients who have registered a Type 1 Opt-out with their practice. More information about Type 1 Opt-outs is in our GP Data for Planning and Research Transparency Notice, including a form that you can complete and send to your GP practice.

This collection will start on 1 July 2021 so if you do not want your data to be shared with NHS Digital please register your Type 1 Opt-out with your GP practice by 23 June 2021."

Make a choice by phone, email or post if data from your health records is used for research and planning. You...

Already done by myself and the Mrs Mark, not sure if you think I’d not read an article or not aware of its contents. My main point is it’s received virtually zero publicity. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Already done by myself and the Mrs Mark, not sure if you think I’d not read an article or not aware of its contents. My main point is it’s received virtually zero publicity. 

I added the link for the benefit of other people who aren't as meticulous as yourself.

Of course it hasn't received any publicity, there's no way that they're selling off the NHS.

19 hours ago, Mark J said:

It could be down the new amazing trade deal we have, also breweries have scaled things down. No pubs = no profit.
I'd still rather chop a bollock off than give Tim Martin any coin.

Same with Brewdog. Bunch of c#@ts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

If one of the glaringly obvious reasons a price increase somehow touched on a yet nameless member it was purely accidental.

If it wasn't for your previous track record on this kind of thing it could be assumed that it was an innocent mistake on your behalf, but in reality that seems highly unlikely and it's merely another example of you treating others with a complete lack of respect or empathy. 

I think it would be reasonable to say that a fair proportion of forum members dabbled in drugs and alcohol to a greater or lesser degree in their misspent youth (and some may continue to do do). The use of legal and illegal recreational drugs is widespread through all parts of our society, across the ages and socioeconomic groups and partaking in those activities doesn't mean someone is a "junkie".  If people who did so were lucky, they've probably got away without any long term effects such as physical or psychiatric conditions that can be induced by drug or alcohol use (not necessarily excessive use either in some unfortunate cases). 

If someone is fortunate enough to have grown up in a loving and stable home, without experiencing significant trauma, and without a family history of mental health conditions (often the root cause of the trauma experienced by children), then they may be one of the lucky ones who has been able to enjoy a drink, or a smoke, or whatever else without having that urge or need to over-indulge to a dangerous level, or reach the point of becoming dependent on that substance. Or  that fortunate person may not have the "need" to use substances to help deal with that trauma as a method of "blocking out" the things that cause them distress. It doesn't mean that they are a better person for it, maybe they just haven't experienced the same things as the person next door who has struggled with addiction through the whole of their adult life. 

What has led to you being so judgmental of others who may have had very different life experiences to your own?

• Like 1