Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, Mesterh said:

"The more I look at the MSM headlines the more I see the arguments for any of this making sense literally falling apart."

Dont look at the headlines and read the data maybe. Did I really need to tell you that :)

Its all coulds and maybes and only from one source. Hopefully yes we are heading that way, but do you really think everyone is going to say right then, lets stop all vaccines and move back to 2019 right now or are they going to follow through with the plan set out. The sooner we can back to normality the better, hence why I think it important to follow the science (the vast majority of science) so it happens quicker.

I hate the current situation we are in but whinging about it will do SFA. If it does turn out to be a big conspiracy then dont worry about it, the people who have been doing the right thing will be more than pissed to sort it out.

Anyway, so in other news

Health secretary Matt Hancock resists calls to accelerate reopening of society following research published by...

I’ve read and read and reread data and statistics until I’m sick of it. 

Not whinging and have carried on as best I can throughout this. As for don’t worry about it  if it’s a conspiracy, and let’s stop vaccines for the vulnerable etc that’s just the standard tactic of trying to demean anyone whom has concerns over the reaction or actions taken I regard to this situation. Not so easy to say if you have lost a business or family home. Not wanting to sound like 42 but the mass lateral flow testing rollout rational ??. Please enlighten me as to the value of this exercise. Follow the science is indeed what I thought this was all about. The use of one source of data or modelling predictions has been used multiple times to justify measures taken since the beginning of this. Ie Ferguson’s worst case scenario model. The thing that I found ironic is the questioning of Fristons work !!, I have mentioned on numerous occasions the huge overestimates factually attributed to Ferguson’s modelling on previous issues. Anyone active within the farming community will elaborate on this. 

Edited by Johnsond

28 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

"Not wanting to sound like 42 but the mass lateral flow testing rollout rational."

I assume so as it's to help stop the spread of the virus and any other variants I presume. Why else would they do it?

Two reasons quickly come to mind;

1, as previously discussed the contracts for this could potentially be going to their cronies. 

2, at this level of testing they’ll suddenly and unexpectedly be blown away by the shear number of positive results and have no other option than to introduce the next lock-down. 

If all the old and vulnerable are vaccinated and as the scientists say (but dismissed by Handcock) we’re on the cusp of heard immunity I can’t see any justification for this at all.

I for one will take and send off the tests religiously, but will spoil them. I can see a huge number simply not bothering at all. If that pans out could to be true will there be more laws passed enforcing the testing? 

The tip-toe of draconian laws is not just getting those you consider “Conspiracists” worried. The Tory back-benchers are up in arms about this as is various newspapers.Are they all conspiracy nuts as well?  Or could they be seeing the dangers of allowing a government to get drunk on absolute power? 

I’ll preempt your standard retort along the lines of “but why would they do this if it means they’ll be voted out at the next election?” I don’t have the answers for that. But if MP’s and people far above my pay grade with their fingers on the pulse find it deeply worrying perhaps you should too?

Editorial: Emergency legislation to combat the Covid-19 outbreak is necessary. But so is proper parliamentary scrutiny of...

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

"Not wanting to sound like 42 but the mass lateral flow testing rollout rational."

I assume so as it's to help stop the spread of the virus and any other variants I presume. Why else would they do it?

Assume, presume ??? Exactly 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ does it really make any sense at all at this point ?? 

8 minutes ago, sime42 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yep it’s bloody hilarious eh 

many is the time you have asked for explanations and the standard what would you do kind has been used often enough. So what do you see as hilarious now ??, what is the point of mass testing at this stage and why is UCL science now to be disregarded?? 

Edited by Johnsond

27 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Assume, presume ??? Exactly 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ does it really make any sense at all at this point ?? 

Yes I presume, I didn't make the decision so I can't say for definite. Surely it makes sense to keep testing, why wouldn't they? It's not going to magically go away because ucl said herd immunity is nearly here. I haven't read much about what bc I said, did they give any advice on what they recommend we should do if they are correct?