Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 hours ago, Mortimer Firewood said:

Very well thank you Mr Village.... How’s your good self and the wife getting on in the world of Arb and ice cream in these hard times or the great reset???? 

No wife or ice cream in my life these days but everything is peachy none the less.

How is your son doing now?

15 hours ago, difflock said:

Ah canny be arsed to check slime,

but how deadly is Smallpox compared to Covid?

both among the healthy and the others with underlying mortality issues?

And then how comparable are the transmission vectors/mechanisms?

Since, if as I suspect, Covid is much better at spreading itself, one can not draw direct comparisons, since it will be so much harder, if not downright impossible, to stop Covid spreading.

Like with our success in conquering the transmission or re-occurance of influenza to date.

Marcus

Looking at that outbreak of Smallpox in Glasgow in tbe 50s i would say its similar. Lot of people died fron one causal person mostly because they hadn't  been   immunised. Including the  Dr. K

Edited by Khriss
Spelling

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Looking at that outbreak of Smallpox in Glasgow in tbe 50s i would say its similar. Lot of people died fron one causal person mostly because they hadn't  been   immunised. Including the  Dr. K

I don't think people were routinely immunised for smallpox here then, indeed I think some outbreaks were caused by inadequately prepared vaccines (the covid19 vaccine here, but not Russia or China, is entirely synthetic).

I read that it was 30% fatal, it seems to have been far more deadly when taken to the americas and affected the native population, but as it was spread by the spots bursting it would be difficult not to be aware of it, whereas covid19 is often asymptomatic.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I don't think people were routinely immunised for smallpox here then, indeed I think some outbreaks were caused by inadequately prepared vaccines (the covid19 vaccine here, but not Russia or China, is entirely synthetic).

I read that it was 30% fatal, it seems to have been far more deadly when taken to the americas and affected the native population, but as it was spread by the spots bursting it would be difficult not to be aware of it, whereas covid19 is often asymptomatic.

They actually did a bloody good track and trace of the incident, which identified those contacted. But Dr had not been vaccinated sadly. K

13 hours ago, the village idiot said:

No wife or ice cream in my life these days but everything is peachy none the less.

How is your son doing now?

Did you up grade??? 

He is doing very well thanks .... in the new build now so it’s made life a lot easier. 

Added another to the tribe. 

Life’s changed a lot much of it for the better I was waiting for the world to change I gave up and changed myself 🙏🏻

• Like 1